cable/deadpool

is hands down one of the best books marvel is printing right now

deadpool with his hands and feet shackled vs taskmaster actually made me lol

It was THE best until Punisher: War Journal came along, deadpool has always been one of the greatest in the MU

I was about to make a thread about Cable & Deadpool. Consistantly good and funny. Cable is a badass and Deadpool is funny as hell.

SPOILER!

I was disappointed how easily Deadpool beat Taskmaster in the recent issue. Tasky should be a little more badass than that. However, it was funny as hell when Tasky was watching Deadpool and said, "Geez, it would be like killing a retarded puppy..." funny shit.

yeah taskmaster is a great figher, but deadpool is nudging the top tier in fighting skills as well, has a healing factor that puts wolverines to shame and resorts to a no-style of fighting that plays against taskmasters abilities. taskmaster would likely do a lot better against any other fighter of the same ability level, but deadpool just confuses and frustrates

Taskmaster would whoop his ass and deserves his own book.

No doubt about it that Cable/Deadpool is the coolest comic out right now.IMO

"Taskmaster would whoop his ass and deserves his own book."

although i would probably read a taskmaster book this is at least the second time he's taken a beating at the hands of deadpool

In this issue Deadpool springs Tasky from jail just to fight him, to prove that he's still got potential as a merc after his relationship with and constant ass whoopings by Cable have lessened his reputation.

"Taskmaster and Deadpool have been in stories where they seem like old buddies, and stories where they fight."

Watch some European soccor players... It's kind of like that.

the humour is great
not enough funny comics!

Daredevil73-"....In this issue Deadpool springs Tasky from jail just to fight him, to prove that he's still got potential as a merc after his relationship with and constant ass whoopings by Cable have lessened his reputation."----------------------------------------------------------------When and how often has Cable kicked his ass ?? I remeber over in X-Force Deadpool getting the upper hand against Cable in a pretty good knockdown drag out fight (Greg Capullo did the art)....Of course this was before Cable became the TK monster that he did, but deadpool always seemed a tad better at hand to hand.

iirc cable whooped him up pretty good in the second to last issue. not to mention the running gag in the first several issues where deadpool would think he was going to throw cable a beatdown and cable would just pop out the back of his skull with tk

Cable whoops him every three or four issues it seems. In the final issue of the Civil War tie in (by far the best Civil War tie in, BTW) Cable lost his powers for a few minutes and Deadpool beat on him a little, then Cable beat his ass again.

Anyone remember that nasty long fight they had in X-Force back when Greg Capullo did the art ? Someone should find it. Good dirty fight. Both guys took damage, but Deadpool looked to have the upperhand.