Cain the best striker at HW

His striking from a technical standpoint is clearly better than the rest. He might not have that one punch walk away KO power,but he's definately leaps and bounds above the rest as far as clean crisp strikes.I dont see JDS beating him unless he lands the looping back of the head punch that dropped Cain their first fight and dropped Hunt in the first round tonight.

I think he's just too fast for everyone to handle, cain was fighting on fast forward, big foot was fighting in slow motion.

While I don't think Cain is the best striker at HW, I think the disparity in striking ability between him and JDS is way smaller than people think.

THE CACTUS KID - His striking from a technical standpoint is clearly better than the rest. He might not have that one punch walk away KO power,but he's definately leaps and bounds above the rest as far as clean crisp strikes.I dont see JDS beating him unless he lands the looping back of the head punch that dropped Cain their first fight and dropped Hunt in the first round tonight.

JDS had a sick counter left hook going on tonight as well. Cain has great offensive striking but seems to get tagged as well. I don't know if it is due to hand placement or head movement.

I love the fact that the 2 best HW's come in under the 265lb division by so much. It goes to show that the old theory of the new breed of huge hw beating up the little hw's isn't true.

He does have great speed,but he follows through with his combos great.That 1,2,that connected tonight followed by the 3 that missed was great.Looked like a legit boxer

I disagree. Cain doesn't have the one punch KO power JDS has, nor the variety of attack in terms of the standup (not so much kicks, though JDS was awesome there tonight, but jabs, hooks, and varying levels). Plus I think Cain is easier to hit (dude got dropped by Kongo), JDS really only gets hit when he's against the fence, if he works on his lateral movement he'll be much better and harder to hit, plus JDS has a better chin than Cain, dude took his best shot and kept going.

I think JDS beats him in the third fight, one I'm very excited for. Hopefully both guys are healthy and in a good mindset coming into that fight, we've problems for the both of them in those departments in the first 2 fights.

John M - I disagree. Cain doesn't have the one punch KO power JDS has, nor the variety of attack in terms of the standup (not so much kicks, though JDS was awesome there tonight, but jabs, hooks, and varying levels). Plus I think Cain is easier to hit (dude got dropped by Kongo), JDS really only gets hit when he's against the fence, if he works on his lateral movement he'll be much better and harder to hit.

I think JDS beats him in the third fight, one I'm very excited for. Hopefully both guys are healthy and in a good mindset coming into that fight, we've problems for the both of them in those departments in the first 2 fights.
Dude, you've gotta let go of that Kongo fight, it was so long ago. Lol Phone Post 3.0

What? JDS A) Hits harder and B) Does not eat as many hard shots.

Lynchman - What? JDS A) Hits harder and B) Does not eat as many hard shots.

He had a buffet in his last fight with Cain lol

Cain looked good, because he fought Bigfoot.

/thread

UGCTT_Shope - 
John M - I disagree. Cain doesn't have the one punch KO power JDS has, nor the variety of attack in terms of the standup (not so much kicks, though JDS was awesome there tonight, but jabs, hooks, and varying levels). Plus I think Cain is easier to hit (dude got dropped by Kongo), JDS really only gets hit when he's against the fence, if he works on his lateral movement he'll be much better and harder to hit.

Dude, you've gotta let go of that Kongo fight, it was so long ago. Lol Phone Post 3.0

Hey man just throwing it out there, take it how you will.

THE CACTUS KID - 

And, despite being injured, never went down.

Take that first round blast and put Cain in place of Hunt...do you really think he would have made it to the 2nd round?

I agree with op. Phone Post

What makes Cain striking so good is the threat of the takedown. It means his opponent can never settle and really throw hands properly, when they do they are getting their ass taken down. Phone Post 3.0

I think Cain has been training a bit with Freddie Roach to improve his striking. Seems to have done the trick. Cains a beast wherever the fight goes. Phone Post

Lynchman - 
THE CACTUS KID - 

And, despite being injured, never went down.

Take that first round blast and put Cain in place of Hunt...do you really think he would have made it to the 2nd round?

'Went down' as in knocked down or knocked out? Because Cain crumpled Junior to the canvas in the 1st round of their rematch with a huge overhand right.

Cain showed in their "rematch" (first real fight IMO, first one on fox too many variables; long lay off, shoulder rehab, knee injury) that he has superior and far more technical striking than JDS.
He mixes up all his striking very well, on top of his wresting and cardio etc.

This guy is on another level. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I really noticed it in the big nog fight. The fluency and speed in his combos. And the mix up of punches and kicks. I've thought his striking is under rated. Does need work defensively, though even that has improved a fair bit. Phone Post 3.0

JDS is the best striker in the division hands down. Cain is elite as well but if it were standing only JDS would win more times then Cain would

Cain used the perfect gameplan to beat JDS as he kept going for the takedown and beating JDS into the cage for 5 rounds

I assume he will attempt the same thing for Cain JDS 3

As far as pure striking JDS is better than Cain Phone Post 3.0