Cain vs Fedor 2001

05 fedor also loses to machida. guy cant catch a break i guess

wufwugy - also thread is clear troll due to OP join date and the fact that 05 fedor is goatfedor, not 01 fedor. 09 fedor was best though, but people dont wanna acknowledge that

Oh Relly? Join date means everything? Is this Shitdog? Phone Post

wufwugy - also 2012 nogueira beats 05 fedor. sorry

Lol Troll Phone Post

Dillon70 - Lol@fedor surviving a round...he never fought anyone this good... Phone Post

You think those performances scream GOATS? get real. Act like you have seen an MMA fight before. Phone Post

Imploze - 
wufwugy - also 2012 nogueira beats 05 fedor. sorry

Lol Troll Phone Post

considering that fedor/nog 3 was really close....and nog kept up with training evolution while fedor stayed in stary oskol in a gym with elementary school students...

udk - 
wufwugy - 
udk - 
wufwugy - 
udk - 
wufwugy - well mb not de fries, but it would be close. he couldn't compete for a top spot today though for sure

explain...
what do the top hw's today have?

many reasons. fedor never trained on the level that current fighters do, strategically the sport was in its infancy, the player pool from which athletes came into the sport was very small, etc etc.

i was the biggest fedor nuthugger in the past, but also picked him to lose to werdum, bigfoot, and hendo because it began becoming more clear that the sport was leaving him behind

in other words...no specific reason other than regurgitating the old 'newer is better'?
you don't know. period.

btw...picking a fighter who was dominant for ever to lose to people isn't exactly amazing. in fact, isn't that what half of all forum posters do? ... pick the best to lose over and over until they're right?

specifics have been covered previously on the forums, but specifics aren't entirely necessary since board flaws can still be identified. it's no use getting into specifics now since they have been ignored in the past

and i didn't pick against him like that. i called him an enormous fave against rogers, but then called werdum as his toughest fight to date, which turned out to be true

fedor is awesome, but let's get real here. he's not a magic man, and we all hurt a little when he lost

the whole calling fights and bragging about it is silly...i won't even get into that.

no...fedor's not the magic man, but, in my opinion, he had a lot more magic than the current crop.

that is a good thing to note. fedor remains the greatest legend of the sport and brought a sort of magic with him that has since been absent and will probably never return

wufwugy -
udk - 
wufwugy - 
udk - 
wufwugy - 
udk - 
wufwugy - well mb not de fries, but it would be close. he couldn't compete for a top spot today though for sure

explain...
what do the top hw's today have?

many reasons. fedor never trained on the level that current fighters do, strategically the sport was in its infancy, the player pool from which athletes came into the sport was very small, etc etc.

i was the biggest fedor nuthugger in the past, but also picked him to lose to werdum, bigfoot, and hendo because it began becoming more clear that the sport was leaving him behind

in other words...no specific reason other than regurgitating the old 'newer is better'?
you don't know. period.

btw...picking a fighter who was dominant for ever to lose to people isn't exactly amazing. in fact, isn't that what half of all forum posters do? ... pick the best to lose over and over until they're right?

specifics have been covered previously on the forums, but specifics aren't entirely necessary since board flaws can still be identified. it's no use getting into specifics now since they have been ignored in the past

and i didn't pick against him like that. i called him an enormous fave against rogers, but then called werdum as his toughest fight to date, which turned out to be true

fedor is awesome, but let's get real here. he's not a magic man, and we all hurt a little when he lost

the whole calling fights and bragging about it is silly...i won't even get into that.

no...fedor's not the magic man, but, in my opinion, he had a lot more magic than the current crop.

that is a good thing to note. fedor remains the greatest legend of the sport and brought a sort of magic with him that has since been absent and will probably never return

Some sort o magic? You ever heard of YouTube.com? Might wanna check it out Phone Post

never heard of it. what is it?

Oh man, prime Fedor vs. Cain would be a dream match.

Cain's fighting style and body type have a lot in common with Fedor, and the same with Cain's training partner Daniel Cormier.

I'm a big Fedor fan, but I would take Cain in this one for a couple reasons.

The first is that Cains cardio is superior. Fedor would generally start to slow down a lot in many of his longer fights (Herring, Nog 3)

The other reason is that the level of gameplanning is from today is much much higher than it was in 2001. Yes, Fedors fights against Nog 1 and Crocop are all time great gameplans in MMA, but Cains team builds on all that knowledge that guys like Fedor has laid the groundwork for.

I always liked Fedor in the fight, but I liked JDS Vs Fedor too. Now I know I was wrong about that so maybe I'm wrong in the Cain X Fedor pick too.

DanTheWolfman - I love Original Recipe Fedor,
But Brown Fedor beats White Fedor
And Black Fedor beats Fedor S1 and S2

Where do American Fedor, and Baby Fedor fit in?

It kinda feels like a slight that they aren't mentioned in your post there, Dan.

Fedor takes them both. Fedor went years without even losing a round or being in any trouble. I only recall him getting rocked by Fujita and finishing the fight a few minutes later.

Fedors style was perfect for MMA and by the time he got to the US he was done, he just didn't seem to have the drive anymore after leaving Pride.

Cain and JDS are both tough as nails and either fight would have been epic. Phone Post

udk - 
orcus - 
303 - 01 Fedor finishes any HW in 2012.

Fedor of that period couldn't even finish Semmy Schilt in 20 minutes of mount.

Schilt would probably kill these fools too.

Of course he would. Just look how awesome Semmy did in MMA against the heavyweights (and lighter) of yesteryear. Obviously the skill level in MMA has dropped as its money, exposure, and talent pool have increased, so Semmy being able to beat Pete Williams and Gan McGee and Yuki Kondo (in one out of three fights) indicates that Semmy would kill the heavies of today.

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - Actual serious answer:

Nobody knows.

They're both great fighters and great fighters lose in this sport--a sport that's always changing and growing with each passing year.

Period...end of story.

Would you say it's a "changing of the garb"? Phone Post

fedor was a once in a lifetime fighter. these guys today probably couldn't even beat crocop

Imploze - Fedor by demo. Sad that the UFC in 2012 is still behind the Last Emperor Phone Post

. Phone Post

Prime Fedor versus Cain would be a sick fight.

Cain is often faster and has better gas than his opp at HW.

Fedor was arguably THE fastest at HW.

Both hit very hard and dont mentally collapse when hurt.

Dream fight.

You guys are NUTS if you dont think that the Fedor who fought Randleman could be competitive with ANY guy today.

What you dont get is that win or lose, he wouldnt be standing there timid as Bones Jones kicks his knee out or Anderson drops his hands and baits.

He'd be throwing 100% KO bombs, dirty boxing off the clinch, and looking for every opportunity to do them bodily harm.

shb - fedor was a once in a lifetime fighter. these guys today probably couldn't even beat crocop

Another fighter that was unbelievable in a ring. A handfull for anyone.

But his footwork and skillset would never translate to a cage. Cro Cop cant do anything if he's trapped down against the cage.

Take the CC from the Coleman or Randleman rematch fight and let them face JDS in a ring and thats a competitive fight.

HELWIG -

Prime Fedor versus Cain would be a sick fight.

Cain is often faster and has better gas than his opp at HW.

Fedor was arguably THE fastest at HW.

Both hit very hard and dont mentally collapse when hurt.

Dream fight.

You guys are NUTS if you dont think that the Fedor who fought Randleman could be competitive with ANY guy today.

What you dont get is that win or lose, he wouldnt be standing there timid as Bones Jones kicks his knee out or Anderson drops his hands and baits.

He'd be throwing 100% KO bombs, dirty boxing off the clinch, and looking for every opportunity to do them bodily harm.

. Phone Post