CAL cities rejecting state sanctuary laws...

"More California cities looking to reject state's sanctuary law"

More towns and cities in California are exploring options to follow Los Alamitos in rejecting the state’s sanctuary law.

Members of the Los Alamitos Council voted Monday to opt out of a state law that limits cooperation between local police and federal immigration agents.

"Tiny Los Alamitos has kicked open the door," state Assemblyman Travis Allen told the Orange County Register, "and now other cities across California are looking to get on board and stand up against the illegal sanctuary state.”

The law, signed by Gov. Jerry Brown last year and in effect since Jan. 1, includes prohibiting state and local police agencies from informing federal authorities in cases when illegal immigrants facing deportation are released from detention.

Los Alamitos’ adopted ordinance claims the new state law “may be in direct conflict with federal laws and the Constitution.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/22/more-california-cities-looking-to-reject-states-sanctuary-law.html

Looks like some local towns are saying "fuck you" to the sanctuary city nonsense.

The author of the current (stupid legislation) said:

“Local governments that attempt to break state law will saddle their residents with unnecessary and expensive litigation costs.”

WTF????

How about STATE governments breaking FEDERAL LAW you fucking douche???!?!?!?!?!?

“Local governments that attempt to break state law will saddle their residents with unnecessary and expensive litigation costs.”

81 billion a year supporting illegals and is worried about attorney fees. 

lol....mommy state can afford to fuck with with daddy feds, how dare the kids disapprove with mommy?

nice logic.

sacredhate - lol....mommy state can afford to fuck with with daddy feds, how dare the kids disapprove with mommy?

nice logic.

Do as I say, not as I do.
-Gov Brown

Seeing Huntington Beach in there warms my heart. That’s where I was born, raised and lived for 30 years of my life. Good to see they’re not going down the rabbit hole.

Fighting -

81 billion a year supporting illegals and is worried about attorney fees. 

Seriously what a ridiculous shit show California has become. I'm so glad I decided not to move back there. 

Hilldo - 

Seeing Huntington Beach in there warms my heart. That’s where I was born, raised and lived for 30 years of my life. Good to see they’re not going down the rabbit hole.

it's going to a vote soon in HB. i've known the city attorney for awhile now and he fucking hates Sacramento and all the shit they pull. 

Travis Allen is my boy

"California’s Senate leader, Kevin de León, who authored the controversial sanctuary law and is aiming for U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein's seat, said the law doesn’t violate the Constitution and those councils opting out of it are risking to be sued."

State doesn't want to follow federal law and tell the federal gov. "Fuck you we do what we want." 

City doesn't want to follow state law but the federal law. "You can't do that! How dare you? We will sue you!" 

Kevin De Leon is going to be the next Senator from CA that is the scary part. The guy is an absolute retard. He is most known outside the state of CA for this ridiculous press conference. It has been viewed millions of times and is referenced in hundreds of YouTube videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAeI7rTjJMQ

Disconnect between the state executives and the people is a big problem in CA.

Probably one of the best examples is with Prop 8 and the Hollingsworth case.

Brown and Harris were ridiculed for making a political decision to abdicate their responsibility to defend the initiative in the courts.

Even if it went against their political beliefsf they had a duty to defend the law and let the courts decide on constitutionality.

https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=11144&context=ilj

Lunatics in Sacramento running the once magnificent state into the ground. 

The sacramento moronic politicians care more about the illegals than the actual state tax payers and small business owners 

I don't know anyone personally who is in favor of sanctuary cities.

How the fuck does this shit happen?

billyball2 - I don't know anyone personally who is in favor of sanctuary cities.

I have lived in this state my whole life and know zero people who support them as well. 

ShanTheMan -
billyball2 - I don't know anyone personally who is in favor of sanctuary cities.

I have lived in this state my whole life and know zero people who support them as well. 

I know people who do but they are left of Karl Marx.

Hopefully common sense Democracts and Crazy Town Republicans win out in the end. Everyone should support people fighting to get rid of the nonsense in their own party or local town.

And this is a good learning experience for those who often refute the idea of giving local power to the communities.

VinegarStrokes - 
ShanTheMan -

I know people who do but they are left of Karl Marx.

lol

seems like just in OC? hope it starts spreading in LA county as well.

Hilldo -

Same.  Looking to move there from Philadelphia in a few months.

The City Attorney in HB is a pit bull and has already beat the State once. The city got sued because we wanted to stop all of the high density development and our city council passed legislation putting a halt on all of it.

a bunch of greedy developers in cahoots with the politicians in sacremento sued the city saying he had to do what ever the state said.

HB is a charter city which gives us a crazy amount of autonomy from the state govt. our city attorney was able to basically sit the developers down and schooled everyone, even after we were initially fucked by CA Superior Court Judge.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/01/appeals-court-reaffirms-its-decision-in-support-of-huntington-beach-action-on-affordable-housing/