Calgary - where should i train????

where is good to train in Calgary for BJJ, Thai, and MMA?

thanks in advance!

If Canuckles is in Calgary then I recomend going there.They have a few fighters doing well right now and Max is an awesome coach.

BDB Martial Arts.

Gracie Barra Jiu-jitsu with Josh Russell

http://www.graciebarracalgary.com/

Hey guys I also have a buddy moveing to Calgary and he is going to be liveing about 5 min from the airport so if you can let me know what gyms are located close to there it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also anyone have the website for Canuckles???

http://www.canuckles.com/

Gracie barra all the way man. Josh is the best jiu jitsu coach in calgary in my opinion. He also knows his shit with nogi. Gracie Barra is also building a stable of mma fighters that will make big noise in the future.

Most clubs will let you try a few classes for free to see if they are a good fit for you. I suggest you give them all a try before making up your mind. I personally train at BDB Martial Arts and highly recommend them. Go to bdbma.com or phone 220-1426 for more info.

my basement. cheap fees, good training.

You are welcome to try us out:

Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Fight Club
3515 17th Ave SE, 2nd Floor

Tel (403) 701 0237

We've been around since 1996, and we have a strong competitive group that has been making a lot of noise for a long time. We are also training a group of MMA fighters that will debut shortly.

Training times are Monday to Friday 6-9 PM, Saturdays 12-2 PM. We also have a strong Kids group that trains 3X a week.

BDB Martial Arts was pretty cool. I have been there before. Good bunch of guys. I know Nick Ring used to train there, possibly still does. Real good muay thai and mma guy. Check it out if you get a chance. Not sure what the adress is though.

Hey Jon,
No man Im still kicking it far away. I ain't due back in cow-town till December and only for a few months.
Im figthing late July,

I'll keep you guys posted, but Sylvie as been ripping up a storm. 5 fights in 6 weeks.

Duval is right... his basement is the best for MT as long as he's there.

You fighting at 160?

Yeah, BDB is a great place to train. Nick Ring still trains there ans he is a wicked coach as is Brian Bird.

I'll put in a plug for Anderson Goncalves. He trains at the GOld's gym and is really good. Gold's also offers Muay Thai but Francois could probably give you a better head's up as to Dab's credentials, all I can say is Dab is very good.

The thing I find wierd is that Bjj FIght Club, BDB and gold's are all walking distance from each other and Josh Russell used to have his gym on the other side of deerfoot. Talk about market saturation.

"The thing I find wierd is that Bjj FIght Club, BDB and gold's are all walking distance from each other and Josh Russell used to have his gym on the other side of deerfoot. Talk about market saturation."

Yeah, no kidding. And I think Josh is only about 30 blocks south and 20 blocks east now. If you're anywhere near the NE and you're looking for a martial arts school, there's little excuse not to try them all out.

Ya I'll be figthing at 160;)

More like 175, got me rather tuff facker late July. I already have trouble sleeping.

I can't speak for BDB, never trained there but used to traine with Nick Ring back in the olds and what a great guy he is.

Hitting gold's with Anderson for bjj and Acharn Dabphichai for some tweaks and tricks for your MT is the golden secret.

I live in Thailand now so not sure of Acharn Daphichai schedule, altough we often talk on the phone.

Hamzeh probably knows the the schedule.