California water usage

As much as people are blaming almonds, it looks like there are many culprits in CA's water shortage.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/02/wheres-californias-water-going

Isn't most if SoCal just a desert? Phone Post 3.0

All it would take to fix a huge part of the problem is for the state to turn the pumps back on. Fuck the delta smelt. Phone Post 3.0

tonyromosbackspasm - Isn't most if SoCal just a desert? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, but people forget that with all the grass and trees and houses and liberals. Phone Post 3.0

clattymine -

As much as people are blaming almonds, it looks like there are many culprits in CA's water shortage.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/02/wheres-californias-water-going

This is true but that's just for one almond. There are more than 4x the number of almonds being produced then anything else on that list. Phone Post 3.0

They've had the pumps turned off for like six years now for a nonnative species fish. Six years. And now we're in crisis mode. Phone Post 3.0

Why don't they just make some more? It's just hydrogen and oxygen. Phone Post 3.0

Move somewhere wetter then Phone Post 3.0

too many people in California that's the problem

Trust - 

Do they adjust water prices to reflect the scarcity? 

Have had a few changes recently in the pricing

more to come I am sure

hubris - too many people in California that's the problem
80% of Cali's water is used on agriculture and industry. They produce over 50% of the nations supply of the items listed above and many others.

It has nothing to do with the population of California. Phone Post 3.0

Man fuck walnuts... I love you broccoli I'm going to miss you. Phone Post 3.0

too many fucking broccoli in California

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Why don't they just make some more? It's just hydrogen and oxygen. Phone Post 3.0
You get my first VU for the day. I appreciate your dry (pun intended) sense of humor. Phone Post 3.0

residential use of water accounts for somewhere between 3-8% on yearly basis. and they're being asked to cut back even more. fuck jerry brown.

The governor told us to cut back 25% so stop watering your lawn basically.

The Farmers are using 80% and get no cutback because Governor Moonbeam is says we supply 50% of those products to the country. So basically he wants to reduce water usage in California by a wopping 5% and make no change to what crops are actually grown....

This state is so fucktarded it's really hard to defend it. Phone Post 3.0

Agriculture is the #1 industry in California right? Well I guess they get to use all the water then.

JJitsu - The governor told us to cut back 25% so stop watering your lawn basically.

The Farmers are using 80% and get no cutback because Governor Moonbeam is says we supply 50% of those products to the country. So basically he wants to reduce water usage in California by a wopping 5% and make no change to what crops are actually grown....

This state is so fucktarded it's really hard to defend it. Phone Post 3.0
Farmers in the Valley payed something like 80 million dollars for which they received zero water. So then those farmers had to pump and pay for any water they used for their crops above what they already paid. Phone Post 3.0

clattymine -
hubris - too many people in California that's the problem
80% of Cali's water is used on agriculture and industry. They produce over 50% of the nations supply of the items listed above and many others.

It has nothing to do with the population of California. Phone Post 3.0
Agriculture and industry and items that are 'needed' for the growing population of consuming humans. Might not only be California but you can't see borders from space. Phone Post 3.0

ha avocado trees suck like 1200 gallons a week each , something insane like that