Calisthenics and other exercises to lose weight...

And to be come more explosive?

Im trying to lose some poundes but I also want to increase my athletic ability. So let me know some of yalls favorite workout routines that do this.

Now I already do alot of lifting and cardio but I feel like adding a Calistentic day to also become in better overall shape.

So far this is this workout I got but I tend to over train. If you think so then let me know. Or maybe its not enough, let me know.

All rounds are for max amount of reps in time limit at good form

Jump-rope: 3-5 rounds rounds at 3mins each

Canyon Pushups: 2 rounds of 3mins

Box Jumps: 3 rounds of 3mins

Superset1: 3 rounds

BattleRopes: 2mins

Med-Ball slams: 2mins

Superset2: 3 rounds

Burpees: 2mins

Goblin Squats: 2mins

Chinups/Pull-ups/Neutral grip: 3 sets until failure (Break between rounds is unlimited, until fatigue is down enough for max effort for next round.

Dips: 3rounds of 1 mins

So any pointers? Im super basic and I dont know calisthenics more then the avg joe, so will this help or is it over doing it?

diet

What's a goblin squat?

Routine needs more tumbling but I'd say you're on your way to the lithe physique of the Lemur.

King Trav - What's a goblin squat?

FingerorMoon -
Routine needs more tumbling but I'd say you're on your way to the lithe physique of the Lemur.

Was wondering the same thing. Maybe he meant goblet squat?

or maybe his real name is Norman Osborne!!!

So a kettle bell squat holding the kettle bell under your chin?

sub

LiveWire -

Was wondering the same thing. Maybe he meant goblet squat?

or maybe his real name is Norman Osborne!!!

yes, Goblet. Sorry for the typo.

Jhay -

diet

duh fool.

But diet is not going to make you more fit. You will just lose weight. And my diet is already good.

What the fuck is a goblet squat??

since it has already been mentioned Tumbling,

why not just go for a run outdoors to re-manifest your masculine spirit?  

King Trav - What the fuck is a goblet squat??

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/grab-sit-repeat-the-simple-power-of-the-goblet-squat.html

Join crossfit 

If your focus is body weight exercises then I'd do high rep Hindu squats instead of goblet squats.

...,add in some Hindu push-ups as well!

FingerorMoon -

If your focus is body weight exercises then I'd do high rep Hindu squats instead of goblet squats.

...,add in some Hindu push-ups as well!

Thanks for the advice. Im not really just going for bodyweight as a whole. Just looking to get more fit and hit the areas weightlifting and cardio will not help with.

What does the Hindu have over the Goblet? Hindu Push-ups are murder.

squat heavy faggit

OP:

Jhay -
FingerorMoon -

This is actually sad. She used to be able to do this and probably really loved tumbling but now her lack of self respect made her body too fat and blubbery for her fin-like, muscle-less arms to hold up.