Call me crazy, but GSP...

Gandhi - 

Joe rogan said he's trying to get him on his podcast, so If Askren goes on JRE this may very well happen.

If this happens… Then I will gladly accept the man of the award. Rogan could have had Ben on his podcast a long time ago. All of a sudden ‘he is trying’. 1+1=2 all day where I go to school…

I hope so. That would be an awesome fight.

Not ever ever ever ever going to happen.

Ben thinks he is worth $1MIL/fight.

Dana thinks Ben should pay him to fight in the UFC.

It would also be a pretty boring fight which would damage GSP’s marketability for future fights. With Rhonda and McGregor out of the UFC picture they need big stars.

The fight makes no sense to anyone but Ben Askren.

"HURRICANE" - Interesting FACTS that ppl who think this fight will not happen needs to know... 1.UFC/IMG is in a sling with all their mega PPV draws sidelined (McGregor, Bones, Ronda and GSP is "uncertain"). And lets just add Anderson for shits and giggles... 2.UFC/IMG needs big fights if they are wanting more money from Fox when the new contract is negotiated. 3.Look at the shit show matches we have already seen since IMG has taken over. Now Askren is no longer with ONE Championship. 4.GSP does NOT want to see any of the 185 scene and I doubt he wants any part of Woodley. 4.Stylistically, Askren makes all the sense in the world bc all he has is his wrestling pedigree. Being ko'd by Funky is not even a concern... 5.The amount of money this fight will generate has NO limits! All of Asia knows of Askren and they will be tuning in adding to the already massive PPV sales in N. America... 6.Dana hated Tito and Randy, but he still put them back in the cage bc it made MONEY! GSP v B. Askren is far more intriguing than any Ortiz or Couture fight that had huge PPV buys. So if u like fruit...

How 'bout dems APPLES!

I’m not sold on Askren being a draw.  other points are valid.

RenatoCocopreta - Non-ped St. Pierre barely beat Bisping, he would get obliterated by Ben, unless GSP can keep it standing for 25 minutes and eek out a decision W.

Only problem is a natural GSP cant keep himself standing for 20 minutes, so its guaranteed to go to the ground.

Asterisk: baring a GSP KO which is about as likely to happen as avoiding Ben’s takedown.

Proof’s in the pudding, the UFC wont make this fight because they know this to be true.

Askren >>> gsp = FACT

How is knocking a guy down with a right hand, transitioning to the back and choking Bisping unconscious in the 3rd round "barley beating him"???

This fight will never happen, no one outside of the hardcore know who Askren is and GSP came back to elevate himself in the sport, if GSP beats Askren people will say Askren got exposed the second he fought real competition. GSP really has nothing to gain from taking that fight, not even a good pay day. 

GSP would maul ben askren just like he did to Koscheck or any other wrestler he faced. He’s the better mma fighter by far.

bjws - 
"HURRICANE" - Interesting FACTS that ppl who think this fight will not happen needs to know... 1.UFC/IMG is in a sling with all their mega PPV draws sidelined (McGregor, Bones, Ronda and GSP is "uncertain"). And lets just add Anderson for shits and giggles... 2.UFC/IMG needs big fights if they are wanting more money from Fox when the new contract is negotiated. 3.Look at the shit show matches we have already seen since IMG has taken over. Now Askren is no longer with ONE Championship. 4.GSP does NOT want to see any of the 185 scene and I doubt he wants any part of Woodley. 4.Stylistically, Askren makes all the sense in the world bc all he has is his wrestling pedigree. Being ko'd by Funky is not even a concern... 5.The amount of money this fight will generate has NO limits! All of Asia knows of Askren and they will be tuning in adding to the already massive PPV sales in N. America... 6.Dana hated Tito and Randy, but he still put them back in the cage bc it made MONEY! GSP v B. Askren is far more intriguing than any Ortiz or Couture fight that had huge PPV buys. So if u like fruit...

How 'bout dems APPLES!

I get what u are saying, but I never thought of Askren being a draw on popularity alone. Its uber-intriguing having 2 dominant guys from different orgs go at it. Since UFC signed Anderson v Sonnen twice and Jon Bones, which made no sense. Why not GSP v Askren? They are 2 of the most dominant champs in WW history. The title alone will sell PPV’s…

Wanna bet? I say no, you say yes. Bet starts now until exactly one year. Loser has to reverse Kobayashi one 8pk of dogs.

RenatoCocopreta - Non-ped St. Pierre barely beat Bisping, he would get obliterated by Ben, unless GSP can keep it standing for 25 minutes and eek out a decision W.

Only problem is a natural GSP cant keep himself standing for 20 minutes, so its guaranteed to go to the ground.

Asterisk: baring a GSP KO which is about as likely to happen as avoiding Ben’s takedown.

Proof’s in the pudding, the UFC wont make this fight because they know this to be true.

Askren >>> gsp = FACT

What a fucking mope!

Gandhi - 

Joe rogan said he's trying to get him on his podcast, so If Askren goes on JRE this may very well happen.

LET’S GO!!!

ieswideopen - 

Askren >>> gsp = FACT

What a fucking mope!

You want a piece of this…

…leftover delicious pumpkin pie my friend?

"HURRICANE" -
bjws - 

How 'bout dems APPLES!

I get what u are saying, but I never thought of Askren being a draw on popularity alone. Its uber-intriguing having 2 dominant guys from different orgs go at it. Since UFC signed Anderson v Sonnen twice and Jon Bones, which made no sense. Why not GSP v Askren? They are 2 of the most dominant champs in WW history. The title alone will sell PPV’s…

I definitely like it and want to see it. I don’t think it’ll happen in the ufc though. They need GSP in super fights at this point I think

bjws - 
"HURRICANE" -
bjws - 

How 'bout dems APPLES!

I definitely like it and want to see it. I don’t think it’ll happen in the ufc though. They need GSP in super fights at this point I think

GSP v Ben Askren is a Super Fight of Super Fights… If u consider McGregor v Alvarez (145er/155er in the same org) a SF, then two champs from different orgs should be considered a Mega Fight. And I think it will be just that. I just can not see how anyone would think this fight would not be HUGE… Ben is going to bring those Asian PPV buys with him.

Interesting 

askren isn't in the same league

fuk he hasn't beat anyone in the top10 ever

I'd be surprised if he beats anyone in top15

has no standup just stocks for take down

any one with decent td and leg kicks will fuk him up

take ur head outta his ass

OP you're not crazy, but it's very unlikely. But if it were to happen, here's the argument: Askren has pull in the asian market, a market the UFC is interested in entering but hasn't had much success with. And, despite what people on here say, he's a safe fight for Georges. Letting Askren into the UFC would regain some of the competitive integrity it has lost in the eyes of hardcores with its disregard for the rankings and CM Punk freakshow fights. And it should be a fight Georges himself is interested in taking. I think that's the best argument for Askren/GSP.

Ben Askren is OVERRATED!!! I don't care what CRE says. Name three of his last 7 opponents without looking at Wikipedia, I'll wait. His best win was against Douglas Lima 5 years ago. GSP would mop the floor with him, and it wouldn't even be close. Diaz, Shields, Penn X2, Hughes X2, and the list goes on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

IHeartBoobies -

OP = Askren-pud-puffing idiot. Please get hit by a car today or have some other gruesome accident befall you.

What is wrong with you?