Calling a BJJ/ Grappling match a "fight"

Bwahahahaha this thread again....the only thing more pathetic than people reposting this tired concept is that its actually something that matters to some people and that they actually devote mental energy to it. Phone Post

Good thread, op.

To me it's only really a fight if both guys have a Bowie knife and their dicks are tied together. Anything less than that is a 'match' to me. Phone Post 3.0

badpvtdan - On patrol once and got shot at. I shot back. Is that a fight or not? There was no grappling or punches thrown. Phone Post 3.0
Only if you both were using muskets, IMO Phone Post 3.0

Some rounds end up very close to being fights.

(Not in a bad meaning, just battles) Phone Post

nogidavid - i had a match with my girlfriend once after she found a blonde hair in the bed
Legitimately laughed out loud Phone Post 3.0

When someone is trying to choke me unconscious, break my arms &legs you better believe that is a fight. In portuguese it's called a luta which translated means "fight". The art originated in brazil. Just because you're insecure with this word doesn't mean anything should change.

I'm so sick of this popping up I just want to slap people that make a deal about it. Are you that insecure that you fucking care what word people use to describe a game of combat done with in a certain set of rules?

I don't care how many threads have already covered this. I agree with the OP. it ain't a fight, so quit calling it a fight. And quit takin pics after every goddamn class and posting them on FB/Twitter/tumblr. Quit talking about the jiu jitsu lifestyle. Jesus you sound like a born-again homosexual. And for godsake, QUIT SAYING OSSSSSSS... Phone Post 3.0

You should've sidestepped the post button.

Gianni Whitesocks -
badpvtdan - On patrol once and got shot at. I shot back. Is that a fight or not? There was no grappling or punches thrown. Phone Post 3.0
Only if you both were using muskets, IMO Phone Post 3.0
Hmmmm probably more reliable. Phone Post 3.0

Whatever,however you want to call it is your choice and your business. Just do Jiu-Jitsu and enjoy it. Furthermore if you're doing it right and you care about the outcome then it IS a fight. If you really want to win then yeah it's a fight