Calling out Conor McGregor is so lame

Since the apex of his career over 5 years ago, McGregor has won one fight. Fighters looking for a payday is so obvious and just lame af when it’s against such an irrelevant fighter. We’ve got 2 main card fighters calling out McGregor when there are at least 10-15 more competitive fights out there. Now the broadcast crew is endorsing that crap. Rogan, DC, Anik- stfu with that talk.

8 Likes

They know where the money is

But it is lame, he hasn’t won in forever

6 Likes

Completely agree, especially if you’re a good fighter. If you’re a champion, even more pathetic. Shame Charles chose to end his night with that call.

2 Likes

Wtf now Chandler saying he prefers McGregor over Oliviera. Ridiculous.

I also realize that it’s also an organization problem when going for the title is not as incentivized as fighting McNugget.

Sure but money is money. The ufc is so cheap these guys have to look out for themselves.

6 Likes

Wasn’t it Chael P Sonnen that said he wants the worst fighter for the most pay?

3 Likes

To be fair, Conor is still talking a ton of shit and saying he’s going to take this person’s and that person’s souls.

It’s why no one is trying to goad Khabib out of retirement.

Chael is honest and calling it like it is. These other fighters making wwe style promos acting like McGregor’s skills are still relevant.

1 Like

I think he said he wants a title fight but if he doesn’t get it McGregor is his 2nd choice.

2 Likes

Since Oliveria isn’t the champ he should try to get the red panty fight and then face Makhachev/Dariush for the title.

1 Like

He said that in the post fight octagon interview but said he actually prefers McGregor in the UFC Tonight broadcast

1 Like

Got it. I didn’t watch that. I think if they’re honest they all prefer the McGregor fight.

1 Like

It makes the ufc look cheap because it is. It’ll always be human cock fighting because of how poor and desperate the participants are. Boxing is prestigious ufc is a shit show.

1 Like

I mean think of it from there perspective.

Biggest payday

Being on a huge ppv

More recognition

A good chance of beating finished Conor

2 Likes

I think it’s good money for a very part time job–a few minutes a year. Training for a fight is just being qualified, and athletes in other sports do the same. Comparing the pay structure to those performing up to 150 times a year is absurd. UFC is the only mma promotion that hasn’t hemorrhaged money. MMA is a horrible business. The game is the organization not the fighters, despite the virtue signaling statements to the contrary. The fighters could all be replaced and fans would still go to see UFC. No fighter who has left ever stopped another promotion from hemorrhaging money. Let the fighters start their own company and see what happens. There’s enough millionaires to do it. Let’s see who wants to take the risk.

1 Like

Damn, fighters wanting more money & name recognition from an easy big money win

how dare they.

2 Likes

Conor still draws the most attention. Any of these guys can work themselves up to his level of self-promotion too. But I’d assume it’s not in their character to do so.

1 Like

This is prize fighting.

The belt is a prize but money is the real prize and fame makes more money than belts.

2 Likes

If you don’t like Connor, just say that.

Not something stupid

1 Like

Conor and Charles need not even physically fight. They can have a literal face off.

He who gleams best wins?