Camping grills? Suggestions?

Going tent/car camping a couple times this summer and always grill and smoke on a Weber kettle. Looking for suggestions and input, as I'm either deciding between bringing my Weber, buying a 30 dollar Weber smokey joe, or just a grate to grill over the fire pit ( with a cast iron skillet most likely.) I'll probably just do burgers and and dogs, steaks, or caught fish (walleye, catfish) if I'm lucky. Any suggestions as to what would be the best decision? I have a truck so could fit my Weber in it, but looking for experience on the little smokey joe Weber or grilling over the pit. Thanks guys!

A Weber may be good. But grate over a fire is great

Weber Smokey Joe. You can also make a wsm mini out of the smokey Joe and a 32qt tamale pot.

I have a smokey Joe and think it's great. 

For car camping, something similar to this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GNGI6M/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494467798&sr=8-2-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Campfire+grill+propane+char+broil

Good for burgers, dogs, and brats. Doesn't take up too much much-loved space.

Smaller portable charcoal grills are nice, but once you add in the charcoal, space gets eaten up.

With the Webber mini you really have to tone down the heat. That shit burns real quick being an 

Inch from the flame. 

Ttt

Get the small Weber.

stick and a lighter

I rock my Biolite grill. Use it at home or camping. Love that thing.

https://www.campchef.com/camp-stoves/16-cooking-systems/denali-pro-3x-three-burner-stove-with-griddle.html

One of my favorite purchases. I still enjoy the taste of meat over coals but most the time this is just far superior. Plenty of BTUs and the accessories are fantastic. Simple and good quality.

I took it up to Yosemite with 12 other people, it handled pounds of food for breakfast lunch and dinner effortlessly. My best cooking experience outdoors so far.

Weber Smokey Joe is what I have.

I take my full size Weber kettle ALWAYS... I also bring small gas grill and cook over the fire pit... if you have a truck and the space there's no need to limit yourself to just one imo 

Thanks for all the input fellas

Grilling over the pit...are the bundles of wood sold at camp stores ok to use, typically? Or should I pack up some apple, hickory, etc to bring? Also, using a grate over the pit...successful if the fire is set up correctly, like banked on one side? A big fire would scorch the food very quickly I would think. Thank you again

HoustonAleksander - Grilling over the pit...are the bundles of wood sold at camp stores ok to use, typically? Or should I pack up some apple, hickory, etc to bring? Also, using a grate over the pit...successful if the fire is set up correctly, like banked on one side? A big fire would scorch the food very quickly I would think. Thank you again

Definitely bring your own wood, unless there selling oak. Most places sell cheap shit that's horrible for cooking... make big fire on one side of pit, let burn forvan hour, move coals to the side under the grill... add more or less to get desired cooking temp... I like about 3 seconds of holding my hand right above the grill... it's subjective to your pain threshold but a 3-4 second count is good... if it's less it's way to hot if it's more it's too cold. 

I have this grill. Never used it.