Can Alvarez stuff Kahibs takedows?

Can Alvarez somewhat sliw down Kahibs takedowns and closing the distance ability and force a boxing match?

I doubt it, even if he could it would render his offensive gameplan usless like it did to Barbosa.

Saul “Canelo” Alvarez?

No.

Maybe 1 or 2 but Khabib is relentless with his takedowns and pressure. Not to mention I haven't seen anyone at 155lbs that controls his opponents on the mat the way Khabib does. It saps away all of their energy attempting to wall walk.

I think Alverez is the best bet to beat him. So instead lets do Khabib vs El Cucuy

No.

He can’t.

stop half his takedowns and its still not enough

Get A Grip Dude -
cyberc92 - 

Maybe 1 or 2 but Khabib is relentless with his takedowns and pressure. Not to mention I haven't seen anyone at 155lbs that controls his opponents on the mat the way Khabib does. It saps away all of their energy attempting to wall walk.

A beaten-up Barboza was still stuffing takedowns, and getting up when he was taken down, at the end of the fight when he was badly gassed and hurt.

Fightmetric has Eddie's TDD at 92% and Barboza's at 83%, and I think Eddie has fought more wrestlers than Edson.

Also Eddie has been wrestling way longer, he has a better understanding of it. He's also a better striker than Khabib

It would be an absolute banger of a fight that I’d love to see... but stupid for Khabib since he’s just waiting to see what is up with the title...

sucks though, Conor is going to sit on the belt for as long as possible... IF he defends against Ferguson it won’t be until summer... THEN we’d have to wait a minimum of this time next year for the winner to defend... if they strip Conor and set up Ferguson vs Khabib it probably still won’t be til after Ramadan. I wish Khabib would just go on a smashing world tour until then.. not smart though. 

The Closed Guard -
Get A Grip Dude -
cyberc92 - 

A beaten-up Barboza was still stuffing takedowns, and getting up when he was taken down, at the end of the fight when he was badly gassed and hurt.

Fightmetric has Eddie's TDD at 92% and Barboza's at 83%, and I think Eddie has fought more wrestlers than Edson.

Also Eddie has been wrestling way longer, he has a better understanding of it. He's also a better striker than Khabib

Isen't Barbosa a lot bigger than Eddie? Size and strength play a big part in the wrestling game. And were not talking wrestling just the take down defense part of it. Cro cop could never outwrestle Coleman but with his strength he could fend off his takedowns. Same with Reem and Lesner.

Get A Grip Dude -
cyberc92 - 

Barboza was only getting up, because Khabib was beating the fuck out of him and giving him the space to do so, so he could beat the fuck out of him.

Khabib fights less savage, less opportunity to get up, but you still get beat by decision, but the rounds are 10-9, not 10-8.

Get A Grip Dude - 
cyberc92 - 

This shows a misunderstanding of Khabib’s wrestling game. Every good fighter he has fought has stuffed some takedowns.

It’s not the first attempt, it’s the second, third, and fourth. Very different than GSP’s double or Maia’s power-step.

And it’s the amount of damage he inflicts once he gets on top is incredible.

you guys always overreact when they lose but

gathje wont be broken by khabib

and he might maybe be able to stuff the takedowns.

I want to see Nate vs Khabib

wiggum -
Get A Grip Dude - 
cyberc92 - 

This shows a misunderstanding of Khabib’s wrestling game. Every good fighter he has fought has stuffed some takedowns.

It’s not the first attempt, it’s the second, third, and fourth. Very different than GSP’s double or Maia’s power-step.

And it’s the amount of damage he inflicts once he gets on top is incredible.

This. While you’re getting up; you’re face is getting smashed in. Almost as if he wants you to try and get up and create opportunities for him to smash your face in. 

Notice however, that most of Khabib's takedowns happen when he pins his opponents to the cage. That's why he swarmed Barboza, to back him up to the cage. If Eddie manages to stick in the center and be willing to trade, the likeliness of Khabib having a successful takedown is slimmer. I think Eddie has a really good chance. El Cucuy doesnt.

Get A Grip Dude -
cyberc92 - 

and has better game plans to fight opponents when needed to win. Edson is hit or miss. Even from the start in my eyes he lost against Ross easily and Anthony. He beat Etim only to be destroyed by Varner.

Barbosa does good against specific fighters he can implement his game on. His boxing and TDD has improved but there's many ways to beat him and khabib showed one huge one 

I say Alvarez beats him. UFC needs to Make it a 5 round fight