Can anyone explain Rickson's "connection?

Does anyone have a good explanation of Rickson's concept of "connection" that he teaches in his "Invisible Jiu-Jitsu" seminars? 

I've read some discussions other places in the web, but I'd love some clarification if anyone can offer it!

I'll try my best.

To use an analogy, you have to think of it like 6 degrees of separation/Kevin Bacon.

Except replace Kevin Bacon with Rickson.

Now Rickson is the man. If another guy beats Rickson, then that guy becomes the man. If you beat the new man, then you've also beat the man who beat the man. So it's all connected.

If you're still confused, I hear that Dale "Apollo" Cook is amazing at explaining it.

Why don't you explain just what the fuck you are talking about. Phone Post

Ultrarooster - Why don't you explain just what the fuck you are talking about.

It's really not that hard to understand. Even Olympic level bobsledders understand this.

ttt

If anyone else thinks I missed something, or has anything else to add, please chime in.

Although, I think most people in the know can see that I covered everything pretty well!

groundfighter2000 - I'll try my best.

To use an analogy, you have to think of it like 6 degrees of separation/Kevin Bacon.

Except replace Kevin Bacon with Rickson.

Now Rickson is the man. If another guy beats Rickson, then that guy becomes the man. If you beat the new man, then you've also beat the man who beat the man. So it's all connected.

Lol, old school.

You silly people. I'm talking about Rickson's concept of "connection" that he teaches in his Invisible Jiu-Jitsu seminars. 

Read this:
http://jiujitsumania.com/technique/accelerated-learning/rickson-gracie-seminar-making-the-invisible-visible/ Phone Post

Excellent explanation, groundfighter. And here's what people say when they hope someone is about to beat the man.

HE"S GOT HIM IN A GRAPEVINE!!!! COME ON YAMAMOTO!!!!!

The 3 keys to becoming THE MAN:

1. Prevent any "attempted rule changes."

2. Work a little "Kimo action."

3. Hope like hell that Yamamoto beats the man for you, so you only have to beat the man who beat the man (or the man who beat the man who beat the man) to become THE MAN.

When the titties overflow with abundance then the dragons can soar with the baby dicks. Werd. Phone Post

Ultrarooster and Trichoke7 are the kind of guys who complain that the gloves have too much padding.

26018 - 3. Hope like hell that Yamamoto beats the man for you, so you only have to beat the man who beat the man (or the man who beat the man who beat the man) to become THE MAN.

Excellent. This is what I was trying to say, but this was more articulate.

Pittshady -  Read this:

http://jiujitsumania.com/technique/accelerated-learning/rickson-gracie-seminar-making-the-invisible-visible/ Phone Post
From what I've read here and some other places it seems like Rickson's concept of "connection" is not a single thing but 2 or 3 related things. One, having some tension or a contact point between you and your opponent so that you can feel changes in their pressure. Two, creating points of contact between you and your opponent so that your bracing/framing them from moving but allowing yourself to move about them. 

I'm sure I'm missing a lot and that may not even be accurate. 

Trichoke7 - 
Pittshady -  Read this:
http://jiujitsumania.com/technique/accelerated-learning/rickson-gracie-seminar-making-the-invisible-visible/
From what I've read here and some other places it seems like Rickson's concept of "connection" is not a single thing but 2 or 3 related things. One, having some tension or a contact point between you and your opponent so that you can feel changes in their pressure. Two, creating points of contact between you and your opponent so that your bracing/framing them from moving but allowing yourself to move about them. 

I'm sure I'm missing a lot and that may not even be accurate. 

Yep you're missing a lot. Of course they leave out the real secrets that make all the stuff work. Lucky for you, I spilled the beans.

You have taken them as far as you dare groundfighter2000.

Unless I miss my guess Trichoke7 seems like the kind of guy who would fake a shoulder injury and go tobaganning.

You have missed your guess.