Can Brendan Schaub ONE DAY become a UFC Champion?

he'll shut em down

I honestly thing Schaub is too arrogant to see his shortcomings. You do not train MMA striking with someone who is really good at boxing. I don't think Schaub likes to be the person who is in a room full of killers that gets his ass beat. I'm not talking about that he is afraid of getting hurt, he is afraid of finding out in training on a regular basis that he is not good at something. When you are training at box,n,burn for MMA against jack the outlaw, who got cut from the UFC, your going to be doing real well compared to if you trained with Mir, Hapa, or a top-tier athlete.

Kudos to Rogan for also calling him out on the fact that he thinks he could hang in wrestling with Cain. If you trained wrestling with people his own size (to my memory Reign doesn't have many heavyweights, closest is Cummins) that were skilled at it then he would get schooled. Jiu jitsu is his saving grace, but he couldn't do much with Hapa on the ground or even hold him there and Hapa isn't a ground fighter.

Does he have potential, undoubtedly, he is very young for a heavyweight, but he needs to surround himself with training partners that are better than him.

He brings up his cro cop win like he beat cro cop in 2006 or any Pride version. He got an injured and unmotivated cro cop, in what was a fairly even fight until the knockout. Schaub doesn't strike me like a Dillashaw who is relentless and will keep improving no matter what.

Schaub can get that fluidity, fucking Roger Gracie looked elite against McSweeney after focusing purely on his striking for like an year. I don't think he wants to do it. Even Hapa swung for the fences with only some sort of game plan until this fight. He can improve very quickly if he focuses only on that.

Joe should get him to Ludwig's camp.

No.

El_Varaco - Joe should get him to Ludwig's camp.

I think a drop in weight and trying out another camp would be a good change for him.

PTM2020 -

Only if there is a mass suicide in the ufc HW division and the only guys left was him and James mcsweeney Phone Post 3.0

Not a chance. Phone Post 3.0

LOL!! fuxk out of here with that stupid question dude.... what did you smoke? Phone Post 3.0

He absolutely has zero chance of ever becoming UFC HW champion. He should retire or the UFC should drop him because he is becoming nothing more than a punching bag. Joe was right.

He is a great guy and martial artist for sure. But I do not see it happening Phone Post 3.0