Can dogs sense when people are sick or injured?

My wife had a pretty serious surgery yesterday and our dog hasn't left her side all day today. Typically, he pays absolutely no attention to her and follows me everywhere. I swear he knows something is wrong with her. Phone Post 3.0

Both cats and dogs have been noted to display such behaviour.

Yes
My buddy broke his ankle when we were in 7th grade and while he was on the ground writhing in pain my dog humped him.
Never show weakness around dogs

Absolutely, my golden retriever/chow mix was my best friend as a kid. It didn't pay too much attention to my parents, it would interact with them, but spent most it time in my room. However, when my mom became terminally ill, that dog never left her sight, slept at her feet and once helped her get up after she fell. My parents were selling the house and my mother was refusing to let us throw out anything, she was very sentimental. While she was asleep we put a big dent in a lot of the clutter. After she woke up, she tried to walk outside and see what we placed out by the trash, however she fell and only the dog was awake. He went to her and she was able to use him to get back to her feet. Without that dog, my mother would have laid in the driveway for god knows how long.

On a lesser note, my current dog, a collie, is really crazy in the morning, wants to play wakes me up with toys etc. Last year when I had food poisoning and was bed ridden the dog never left my side, and behaved totally differently, he was far more considerate.

They know. Studies have shown them to be able to sense cancer, one cat at a nursing home is actually able to successfully predict which patient is going to die next. It hangs out at the foot of their bed.

That cat needs to die Phone Post 3.0

My dog does this. Wife had knee surgery dog never left her side. Anytime she is sick or has morning sickness same thing. If I am angry and yell at something (usually at the TV watching sports) the dog comes over immediately wagging and licking to chill me out. Once went to door of child's room and acted all agitated, I went in the room and my kid had puked. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

^^nursing home cat^^ Phone Post 3.0

My mom's dog knew when I was depressed. One night I was super depressed, drinking and thinking of doing something bad and he wouldn't leave me alone. He was an awesome dog. Phone Post 3.0

Have been hit by 4 migraines in my life. One as a kid, one as a young adult and two as the old bastard I am now. Man those are horrible. Anyway, the dogs of the house seemed very aware of each one and they laid down next to me and would not leave me for anything during each one.

Thanks man! The nerve block finally wore off, but she's keeping up on the pain meds without over doing it, so she's not feeling too bad. Another victim of Crossfit, haha! Phone Post 3.0

saddamhugevein -
Mister Fister - My wife had a pretty serious surgery yesterday and our dog hasn't left her side all day today. Typically, he pays absolutely no attention to her and follows me everywhere. I swear he knows something is wrong with her. Phone Post 3.0
Fuck dude...I replied and missed important info.

Hope your wife gets well soon brother. Phone Post 3.0
This. Also missed the important part I was so eager to brag about my dog. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Phone Post 3.0

Dogs yes. Cats are worthless piles of monkey shit with legs. Phone Post 3.0

Bick Koxer - 
saddamhugevein -
Mister Fister - My wife had a pretty serious surgery yesterday and our dog hasn't left her side all day today. Typically, he pays absolutely no attention to her and follows me everywhere. I swear he knows something is wrong with her. Phone Post 3.0
Fuck dude...I replied and missed important info.

Hope your wife gets well soon brother. Phone Post 3.0
This. Also missed the important part I was so eager to brag about my dog. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Phone Post 3.0

Me too. Best to the Mrs.

I'd say so.
I love my 3 boys Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - My mom's dog knew when I was depressed. One night I was super depressed, drinking and thinking of doing something bad and he wouldn't leave me alone. He was an awesome dog. Phone Post 3.0

Did you commit suicide?

4pdboxing - 
MickColins - My mom's dog knew when I was depressed. One night I was super depressed, drinking and thinking of doing something bad and he wouldn't leave me alone. He was an awesome dog. Phone Post 3.0

Did you commit suicide?

Sadly, yes. The UG App is accessible from a Ouija Board. Its that good.

RIP MickColins Phone Post 3.0

cats are just waiting for you to die so they can eat you