Can fake glove-touchers be decent human beings?

It's one thing to not want to touch gloves. It's another to pretend to want to touch gloves in hopes of leaving your opponent vulnerable; to use your opponent's willingness to engage in a symbolic gesture of respect & sportsmanship against them.
Does such an action speak directly to a fighter's lack of personal character, or is it a valid strategy even for good sports?
This is not a question of whether or not a fighter should "protect themselves at all times". They should. This IS a question about how you feel about fake glove-touchers & whether it's possible for a fighter who would do such a thing to still be a good person.

I've seen it both work & backfire. There aren't tons of case studies, but it still happens a good bit, especially @ smaller shows.

They should be banished forever Phone Post 3.0

why would you even want to win like that? weak

never trust anybody. fuck touching gloves.

An old training partner of mine did it, in his defence the other fighter refused to touch so he just threw the overhand straight away - dropped the guy, but fate would have it he was laying unconsciouss 30 seconds later. Karma, it's a thing Phone Post 3.0

ithurts11 - Has one ever worked? Not trying to sound like a cunt either I've jus never seen one Phone Post 3.0
Mayweather vs ortiz Phone Post 3.0

Manny Gambuierien or however you spell his name, touched gloves and side kicked the guy in one motion Phone Post 3.0

Hominick tried vs tkz but got some karma Phone Post 3.0

Colton Smith did a fake glove touch to takedown combo, got in to the TUF house and won.
I've have hated him since that. Phone Post 3.0

Should we view it as worse than other things fighters do intentionally that are actually illegal? Phone Post 3.0

WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend - Hominick tried vs tkz but got some karma Phone Post 3.0
Lol was going to say this. Instant Karma Phone Post 3.0

I've seen 4 fighters from the same gym pull that fake glove touch sh*t. I've never trained at the gym nor will I ever. Fu*k those guys. Phone Post 3.0

ithurts11 -
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend -
ithurts11 - Has one ever worked? Not trying to sound like a cunt either I've jus never seen one Phone Post 3.0
I jus watched this
How the fuck wasn't this a massive deal? Or was it and im a complete fucktard? Phone Post 3.0
There was some crazy in ring events after that. Some old dude said if he was 30 years younger hed beat mayweathers ass. I was fucking pissed when I watched it. Pissssssed! Phone Post 3.0

Polar_beatdown - Colton Smith did a fake glove touch to takedown combo, got in to the TUF house and won.
I've have hated him since that. Phone Post 3.0
This, I couldn't believe it Phone Post 3.0

Protect yourself at all times! Phone Post 3.0

WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend -
No...Ortiz leaped of the ground and headbutted Mayweather then tried to apologize immediately after with a hug Floyd accepted. Ref took a point Ortiz kept trying to touch gloves. Ref restarted the fight. Ortiz tried to hug Mayweather again Floyd kind of pushed him back Ortiz stood there for a sec while the fight was going and Floyd dropped him. You don't purposely leap of the ground and headbutt someone like Ehonda then try and take it back. I wouldn't have accepted a glove touch for that but Floyd did and you definitely don't keep trying to touch gloves while the fight is going. Ortiz wasn't ready for the spotlight and made noob moves. You always protect yourself at all times. Ortiz fucked up not Floyd, he just capitalized off of Ortiz's frustration and inexperience. I don't think that qualifies as someone trying to touch gloves then throwing a punch like a asshole. Phone Post 3.0

DanHendersonsDentures -
DanHendersonsDentures - 
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend - 
ithurts11 -
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend -
I jus watched this
How the fuck wasn't this a massive deal? Or was it and im a complete fucktard? Phone Post 3.0
There was some crazy in ring events after that. Some old dude said if he was 30 years younger hed beat mayweathers ass. I was fucking pissed when I watched it. Pissssssed! Phone Post 3.0

Larry Merchant.

Vid of Larry puttin Floyd on blast and saying he would kick his ass lol

Nah Larrys mad cause Floyd puts him in his place and won't put his old annoying ass on a pedestal like he wants to be. Larrys a dick who needs to shut the fuck up sometimes. Phone Post 3.0

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Should we view it as worse than other things fighters do intentionally that are actually illegal? Phone Post 3.0

I think it can be different.

A lot of stuff happens instinctively in the spur of the moment. Knees to the head of downed fighters is a great example. 50% of the time it's douchebaggery, the other 50% it's truly the heat of battle.

Fake glove touching requires planning. If it's honestly a "heat of battle" situation, then the person that does it is a coward, their blood ran so cold that they automatically went there. It's right up there with fake-tapping.

It's impossible for me to support a fighter after this. It's the child molestation of the MMA world. It says WAAAY too much about the person's character, and most people don't change.

Christian_ - never trust anybody. fuck touching gloves.
Shake after the fight. Phone Post 3.0