Can Gaethje beat Conor?

After he KO's Tony, he will likely face either Khabib or Conor. I feel like Conor is super quick, but I wonder if Gaethje's pressure can overwhelm Conor...I wish Gaethje used a bit more wrestling to mix his fights up a tad more 

Yes but he's got to Khabib him for the first two rounds. Trading early is the only way Connar beats him. Correct game plan and execution he def can win,  most likely in later rounds.

1 Like

Justin would stand and bang cause he’s a give no shits motherfucker. I’d be rooting for him, but I think Conor would KO him within 2 minutes

Bad match up for Justin imo, he will brawl and Conor technically picks him apart before finishing him with a big left.

He Can And Would

1 Like

Can he? Yes

Is it likely? Hell no

Conor has his way with him and ends it with a KO

It's a bad matchup for him

2 Likes

Easy fight for Justin, he walks through Connor's punches and then gets the TKO after Conor tires out.

Conor would snipe him. 

leifdawg -

Easy fight for Justin, he walks through Connor's punches and then gets the TKO after Conor tires out.

Justin is not a big enough guy to walk through his punches.  He gets rocked in many of his fights against lesser strikers.

1 Like
leifdawg -

Thank you brudder. Do these McIdiots even watch MMA?? McGregor's two biggest losses were to Nate Diaz and old man Floyd Mayweather. Gaethje would decapitate Nate Diaz and would not fade or break against Mayweather.

McHuggers hate to be reminded but your hero's biggest weakness is poor cardio and the tendency to fade quickly and tap even quicker. Those are suicidal tendencies to take against the most violent fighter in the division.

If Donald Cerrone had flashed back to when he was an actual fighter, not just an instagram jet skier/model/McGregor fan club President , we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Best believe Gaethje ain't worried about no shoulder strike

Conor would be the favorite for good reason.

1 Like

Definitely looks like a bad matchup for JG. Conor is a sniper. JG a brawler. I keep saying UFC is likely hoping for Justin to take out Tony for this exact scenario. 

World will be watching fight tonight. 

UFC will benefit from a JG ko over Tony.

Tony is a  tougher matchup stylistically for conor due to unpredictability, and gas tank. Still winnable fight for conor but a tough fight. Conor said nate was a crafty opponent i think tony is 2x as crafty as nate. conor has the cleanest, and swiftest boxing game in the division when it comes to straight boxing. Tony is all over the place and can never be emulated no matter who you bring in to train with, conor will have to take Tony out really quick but will struggle to find a rhythm and likely loses late.

JG lost to porier, and we all saw what conor did to porier on the feet in their fight. Not saying mma math works perfectly but in this instance how the fight would play out conor should have no problem dismantling JG on the feet and they likely have similar gas tanks.

If JG ko's tony in the highest profile fight of his career. UFC can cash in on two big money fights first vs JG, and then move on to rematch khabib for the title.

If Tony wins tonight I wouldn't even blame ufc for skipping rebooking Tony vs Khabib at this point for some reason this fight will never work out. They will likely just put in Khabibulin vs conor next for title and let Tony do his own thing similar to BMF title and just be people's champ and continue to win fun fights and entertain everyone. At this points TF has a massive following on his own and will continue to be a huge draw. If Tony wins i would love to see him fight masvidal next for BMF title. Even if Tony loses he really has nothing to lose in this fight besides his unbeaten streak. I don't see him getting rebooted for a title fight. He will just move on fighting the divisions best and there's still a couple exciting matchups for him. 

Leo Santos 

Dustin porier 

Charles olivera 

Anyways JG could be conor but its really his worst matchup at 155 in my opinion.

1 Like

Do you remember when Michael Johnson rocked Gaethje?   Conor KO's him within 2 minutes.

* On a SideNote:  I'm a JG fan.

1 Like
On a SideNote - 

Do you remember when Michael Johnson rocked Gaethje?   Conor KO's him within 2 minutes.

yeah, but johnson also rocked khabib.

wiggum - 
On a SideNote - 

I agree.  My point is Conor hits much harder than Johnson and a better striker.  Gaethje wouldn't wrestle to win and would lose handily the striking match.

On a SideNote -
wiggum - 
On a SideNote - 

I agree.  My point is Conor hits much harder than Johnson and a better striker.  Gaethje wouldn't wrestle to win and would lose handily the striking match.

Unless Conor is overwhlemed with strikes, pressure etc

On a SideNote -

MJ knocked out Dustin. 

I’d love to see Justin fight to his strength and utilise all of his abilities, I’m not sure we’ve ever seen him do that? 

With his current approach I’d back Conor but I sense Gaethje has the tools to cause Conor some major headaches. 

it’s a great match up. 

Johnson has the ability to KO anyone.