Can I use this symbol?

to advertise? Can I get in trouble with the Fertida brothers if I have this on my car?

I'd send an e-mail to Zuffa, or just try to ask Dana here if he'll give you written permission to use their trademark. I'm sure he would, it's just free advertising for them!

Thank you Tex, I already made it & put it on my car, but then while I was looking at it, I started wondering .........

sheesh.........imagine me in jail for copyright infringement........

*sobs uncontrollably*

I'm not sure about that slogan, though. It's kind of like printing "Never convicted of a felony!" on your business card.

Momita

It`s sad but true, but there has been a death in "our" sport.It just did not happen in the UFC.I know that this is somewhat off topic but its the truth.

Momita, you can use that bumper sticker without fear. Copywrites only protect using images for profit rather than recreational use. Your use is recreational, so Lorenzo, Frank, Dana, etc. could not compel you to remove it in a legal sense. You may put whatever you want on your car as long as it isn't libelous, which that obviously is not.

But even if they could, I imagine they would not. You are promoting their sport and thus giving them free advertising, which is a good thing.

as long as you dont sell it I dont think there would be anything wrong

Oh I know crowbar, but I've been known to exagerate, only this time it's the opposite, LOL. But it wasn't at a sanctioned event, plus it was in another country, & he had been having black outs during training before the actual event, so I figured just like the roller coaster deaths, it might have contributed, but it is not proven that it was the cause of Douglas Dredge's death.

"Momita
It`s sad but true, but there has been a death in "our" sport.It just did not happen in the UFC.I know that this is somewhat off topic but its the truth."

That guy who was killed didnt pass his CT scan and should not have been cleared to fight in the first place. Up until now, no deaths have occured in any reputable organization.

Hey when I`m wrong I will be the first to admit it,so in this case I take back what I said because I was under the impression that it was the cause of his death in the Ukraine.

Crowbar

Scythrop, you'd be amazed at the things people
have said to me about this sport, like how many deaths there have been, one guy even told me the
door is locked shut & only opened when there is
only 1 survivor! The Idiot.

So I got to thinking about advertisements on billboards I have seen & how I remember them.
Maybe if they see my car enough, they will
remember UFC- NO DEATHS.

Silly things stick in a persons mind sometimes, maybe someone will see my sticker & it will stick in their mind, then someone else may say something dumb about UFC to that person & they will remember No Deaths, & tell them.

See, I got it all figured out....... LOL

Momita should fight Dana for the right to use this ad.

Momita by armbar, 3:20 round one.

hmmmm, I don't know Koma, Dana looks pretty tuff sometimes........... maybe 4 min & 37 sec would be more accurate, but definitely the first round!!! LOL........

I stand by my prediction.

Yea, you're probably right, being a ref to 3 sons can toughen up anyone, heh heh. :)

LOL at Scythrop - It's like printing "Never convicted of a felony!" on your business card.

excellent sticker momita!

great sticker! now I want one. lol

"Momita, you can use that bumper sticker without fear. Copywrites only protect using images for profit rather than recreational use"

BE CAREFUL. This is not necassarily true. In certain cases a copyright holder's loss of a reasonable royalty or license fee may serve as "actual damages" supporting recovery for copyright infringement.

Zuffa could always sue you based on your failure to pay them to use their logo. And we all know how cheap Zuffa can be.

How are they suffering a loss of royalty from something I'm not even selling? So, if I offer to pay them for my design, I can use it?

Wait, just remembered something.... ya can't get blood from a turnip.......

Thank God I'm a turnip.

*wonders how many turnips are sitting in jail*

"I really don't like that sticker."

That's ok, it's on "my" car, not yours. And it's not blurry on my car, don't know why it is on here. :)