can junor submit cain if it goes to the ground?

its not a secret that cain's objective to win saturday night is to take junior to the floor as soon as possible and stay standing as less as possible.

if cain does succeed, junior will have to utilize his ground game. he's no carlos condit on his back(great ground game) or a bjj expert.

can junior submit cain? (i'm so excited! looking forward to seeing juniors ground game if anyone's going to take jds down its gotta by my man cain)

have you seen jds try to strap a choke onto carwin?  yeah... jds isnt submitting anyone.

MMALOGIC - 

have you seen jds try to strap a choke onto carwin?  yeah... jds isnt submitting anyone.

True that.

I'm a huge Cain fan.

Would love to see Cain finish Santos via ground and pound TKO stoppage!

Have you been following up on the UFC-155 lead ups though? JDS has been saying he can and will submit Cain if this battle goes to the mat.

I know this is sort of a dumb way to look at it but this is just a thought....

You often hear from guys like Rogan and trainers and such that "Oh this guy has a great [insert technique here] but we just never get to see it." But with JDS we haven't heard anything.

I rarely see much footage of him doing BJJ - It's mostly all striking.

I dunno. That point of view I presented doesn't really have a leg to stand on but it's just a thought.

Doesn't he have his BJJ Black from the Nogueira brothers?

Doesn't that mean his BJJ is old fashioned, according to Franciso Mir?

Porkchop - I know this is sort of a dumb way to look at it but this is just a thought....

You often hear from guys like Rogan and trainers and such that "Oh this guy has a great [insert technique here] but we just never get to see it." But with JDS we haven't heard anything.

I dunno. That point of view I presented doesn't really have a leg to stand on but it's just a thought.

There is really no way of knowing how good his ground game is because it's never been shown. If he has a black belt tho it has to be somewhat decent.
You only see footage of him striking because before every fight they are hyping up his striking. There was a video of him rolling with machida posted up a while back. Phone Post

MMALOGIC -

Dont remember that, just thought jds lit carwin up on the feet, will have to rewatch Phone Post

Porkchop - I know this is sort of a dumb way to look at it but this is just a thought....

Actually Rogan has talked JDS ground game up. Says he had heard great things out the camp and its just an aspect we never get to see because of the TD defense and how quick he has gotten back to his feet. He said this on a podcast.

That being said, he better work his way back to the feet because most guys get lit up by Cain on the ground. I think only Werdum is a threat on his back. Ill take Cain over Mir on the ground even.

TheHaunted2 -
MMALOGIC -

Dont remember that, just thought jds lit carwin up on the feet, will have to rewatch Phone Post

Jds double legged him near the end, don't recall him going for any chokes tho Phone Post

I'm not even sure Cain will be able to take JDS down. Phone Post

burner22 - 
Porkchop - I know this is sort of a dumb way to look at it but this is just a thought....

There is really no way of knowing how good his ground game is because it's never been shown. If he has a black belt tho it has to be somewhat decent.
You only see footage of him striking because before every fight they are hyping up his striking. There was a video of him rolling with machida posted up a while back. Phone Post

yeah I get that we only see striking footage because that's what they want to promote but i'm just thinking from the stand point that it's hard to know if he is any good on the ground.

I'm sure he'd rather knock guys out than wrestle them to a submission but i dunno. I just wish I knew more. I find because I don't know enough about his game that I tend to feel like Cain might win because I know he is strong everywhere. But of course JDS could be stellar on the ground.... so once again I have no idea.

in_different - 
Porkchop - I know this is sort of a dumb way to look at it but this is just a thought....

Actually Rogan has talked JDS ground game up. Says he had heard great things out the camp and its just an aspect we never get to see because of the TD defense and how quick he has gotten back to his feet. He said this on a podcast.

That being said, he better work his way back to the feet because most guys get lit up by Cain on the ground. I think only Werdum is a threat on his back. Ill take Cain over Mir on the ground even.

yeah I think Cain is a better grappler for fighting than Mir. even though Mirs of BJJ is perfect for MMA, Cains wrestling and ground and pound are nasty.

Aside from Rogan saying that JDS is good on the ground, I never hear him get specific about it. But that's probly just beacuse Rogan hasn't seen it first hand.

I'm going no where with this.

I just smoked a bong for the first time in months so I'm in no shape to make any point of consequence.