Can Mike Perry beat a top-15 WW?

Perry looked good against Mickey Gall, who's 6-3. 

But which of these top-15 welterweight fighters could Perry get a W against, if any?

Gilbert Burns

Colby Covington

Jorge Masvidal

Leon Edwards

Tyron Woodley

Stephen Thompson

Demian Maia

Michael Chiesa

Rafael Dos Anjos

Nate Diaz

Geoff Neal

Vicente Luque

Robbie Lawler

Anthony Pettis

Neil Magny

Perry is talking about moving up to MW to take on Darren Till. That might be a better option. 

I like watching perry fight but none look beatable 

maybe wonderboy?

I think he’d be the underdog in all those fights, but if he fought them all, he’d likely get a couple KOs.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’d beat any of those guys. The iron is hot for him to go fight Till and get a fresh start at 185, even if he loses. 

Russ -

maybe wonderboy?

Lol wtf are you smoking

1 Like

He is an amazing fighter for a guy that has no training camp.

1 Like

I’d like to see the Diaz fight or Lawler both would be fun. 

2 Likes

He might be able to beat Pettis. That would be a good fight. Top 15 of that division is a nightmare. Not taking anything away from perry. He is a must watch fight who always shows up to throw down!

1 Like

I think he has a shot against Diaz, Lawler, Pettis and Magny.

1 Like

He could beat Magny and Chiesa potentially 

No. And Till embarrasses him.

1 Like
Non N00B -

I think they wrestle fuck him he needs someone to stand with and I’m not sure any in the top 15 are beatable but lots of fun fights regardless 

Lawler would be a fun one.

Who knows what or who is left for Robbie at this point . 

2 Likes
Russ -
Non N00B -

I think they wrestle fuck him he needs someone to stand with and I’m not sure any in the top 15 are beatable but lots of fun fights regardless 

He’s strong as hell. He’s not easy to takedown based on his strength. Could definitely hurt both if he found the range. I also think he could hurt Dos Anjos.

Russ - 

maybe wonderboy?

Wonderboy was my one and only choice.  Stylistically I could see Perry turning it into a phone booth brawl taking Wonderboy out of his game.  

I think Wonderboy if he hypothetically fought 14 of those guys, and Perry fought them as well, Wonderboy's record would be considerably better.  But in the match up of Wonderboy/Perry, that's the best option of this bunch imo.

If you think about it, Till and Wonderboy have similar that puts much emphasis on range, that jumping in jumping out >

D241 -
Russ - 

maybe wonderboy?

Wonderboy was my one and only choice.  Stylistically I could see Perry turning it into a phone booth brawl taking Wonderboy out of his game.  

I think Wonderboy if he hypothetically fought 14 of those guys, and Perry fought them as well, Wonderboy's record would be considerably better.  But in the match up of Wonderboy/Perry, that's the best option of this bunch imo.

If you think about it, Till and Wonderboy have similar that puts much emphasis on range, that jumping in jumping out >

I think wonderboy is the worst match up for platinum.

I just hope that he goes an trains with Yoel an Jorge like he said that could be just what mine needs, and Jorges inside info on Till could be handy

also I think Platinum could definitely upset a few of those guys mentioned above

Platinum beats the ALL! 

In a dance-off (maybe)…

https://twitter.com/AntonioPinnetta/status/1277346921250766851

Perry on Nate Diaz:

“I think he’s a skinny, weak, little (expletive), like Mickey Gall,” Perry said. “I respect what he’s done in this sport. He plays the guard game, jiu-jitsu, and (expletive). He thinks he can box with (those) little weak-ass punches that he’s got – little salt and pepper punches. He doesn’t stand a chance to hit me hard enough.”

“I’d hit him on the feet (the) same way Jorge Masvidal did,” Perry said. “I’d play his guard. I’d get half guard (and) sit on top of him. It’d look exactly the same way the Mickey Gall did, to be honest with you. If you guys liked that fight, then yeah, you’ll probably like the Nate Diaz fight, too because he’s a little more durable. He’ll probably try to stand there and box back with me, but my power punches (are) just – I’d sit him down.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/06/mike-perry-likes-his-odds-versus-nate-diaz-i-think-hes-a-skinny-weak-little-expletive

1 Like

I like Perry in general, he has annoyed me at times but overall he's a likeable guy. I think he's hypersensitive to authority and people telling him what to do. He beat Micky Gall recently, not a top fifteen fighter so let's not pretend he's something he's not. The guy definitely has potential, but I think he'll always be his worst enemy unless he can learn to accept the direction and guidance of a real mma coach.