Can Mir survive 5 rds?

We know that Mir may catch Brock in a sub early... we've seen that... but after 2 rds maybe midway 3rd round, if Mir hasn't put Brock away.. i don't think he can survive.

Brocks size/mass will take a toll on Frank if this is a long drawn out fight..Brock will then be able to take him down at will and pound him out.

thats also possible.... I mean if that ref doesn't stand those two up.. that would have been a stoppage in rd 1

Well, Wes Sims had Mir gassed in the 3rd. I see no reason why Brock cant if he pushes the pace.Yeah yeah, Mir's a different fighter blah blah. BS. His cardio has always sucked.

Mir just thinks his skills are so good that nothing else matters. He will find out hes wrong if it gets to that point.

I think it's Brock who'll gas first, he's got alot of muscle to fuel.

I have faith in Mir's cardio these days and I think he's made an effort to sort it out

Having said that, cardio won't figure into it when Mir knees him unconcious when Brock shoots :)

"I think it's Brock who'll gas first, he's got alot of muscle to fuel. "

I don't agree... Brock has been training and competeing with this mass his whole life... he didn't just blow up one day..

in order to win a NCAA DI championship.. you have to know how to train hard...

between the 2, Frank gasses way before Brock

I say Brock by ref stoppage in rd 3

The chances are pretty much zero that this one is going to a decision.

PJ Benn Fan -  Well, Wes Sims had Mir gassed in the 3rd. I see no reason why Brock cant if he pushes the pace.Yeah yeah, Mir's a different fighter blah blah. BS. His cardio has always sucked.

Mir just thinks his skills are so good that nothing else matters. He will find out hes wrong if it gets to that point.

Unless you are counting their 1st fight asrd 1 they never went 3 rds.  Mir completely dominated Sims from mount in the 1st and had zero gas left in the 2nd-fortunately neither did Wes. 

I don't know that Mir can hold up for 2 rounds let alone 5.  Hopefully he gets the sub early otherwise this will look a lot like the Herring fight.

Sagiv Lapkin -  He's gonna get FRATE TRAINED in the 1st....

I think the longer it goes the harder its gonna be for Frank.Its known that Brock sweats a ridiculous amount.Making Mir's subs much harder after 2 or 3 rounds.

What happens if once Mir gasses and stops fighting back Brock thinks hes back in a WWE royal rumble and throws him over the cage

That's cause Herring didn't have anything for him but I know what you're saying

My point is that the days of Mir gassing are quite a while ago now and while it hasn't been proven he has better cardio, it hasn't been proven that he does still have bad cardio

I'm an optimist

ttt

Cosidering Randy is a cardio junky and he looked tired as fuck after one round with brock I think Mir might quit if he doesnt win in the first round or he will get hurt bad and stoped in the seconds

To be fair Randy's game was clinch with him against the fence, which was his best chance. Unfortunately doing so for 5 rounds with someone so big and strong ain't happening

Mir won't be going for the clinch, he'll be using his lead uppercut stand up with knees and elbows, or his jits game to tie Brock up with something (I hope)

I don't think Frank will have to worry about gassing. I'd be shocked if this fight makes it to round 3.

And if it does make it to round 3, then Mir will have taken such a beating that cardio won't matter to him.