Can Palhares "Ryo Chonan" Anderson Silva?

Anderson is one of the GOAT's but I can see Palhares snatching up one of his legs up and twisting for dear life.

He will retire Anderson

That'd be pretty awesome =)

Palhares is the worse match-up for anderson, on his day the guy can beat any man walking the earth imo.

Would prefer to see him obliterate one of Chaels legs

Honestly, I think he'd get KTFO trying to reach for a leg.

Very dangerous style matchup for Anderson for sure.

However, I think the most likely outcome would be Anderson using his massive reach advantage to KO Palhares before he ever sniffed a takedown (or guard pull).

rematch hendo

It would go like this, Silva realizes Palhares has about one shot at winning, avoid it, win a decision, or knock his face off with a punch or kick. The end.

MMApostle - Would prefer to see him obliterate one of Chaels legs

Chael would be screaming just like he did when Babalu locked up that heel hook in their fight.

It seems that the UFC has kept a lot of contenders away from Palhares like Chael, Bisping, Munoz, etc.

Dude is just straight vicious with his leg locks and so powerful with his takedowns. I am always excited for when he fights.

Silva has nice long legs to grab. Phone Post

LibraryCard - Of course he could. It would be a competitive fight just based on that alone.

I don't think that makes it competitive. If he gets Anderson to the ground, Anderson is most likely fucked. If he doesn't, Palhares is certainly fucked. Either way, it probably won't be very competitive.

Maybe, probably since hes crazy enough to bull rush Anderson. Phone Post

Authority Figure - Honestly, I think he'd get KTFO trying to reach for a leg.

My thoughts exactly. I love watching him work but I think most of his td's are too clumsy to be pulled off on Andy without eating a lot of shots. Phone Post

To be honest, if anyone is going to beat Anderson(hopefully no one ever does) I would prefer Paul Harris. The guy is fucking vicious!

To be honest, if anyone is going to beat Anderson(hopefully no one ever does) I would prefer Paul Harris. The guy is fucking vicious!

It's an interesting match-up. The thing that makes this different from any other match-up Anderson has had is that Palhares has a CLEAR advantage on the ground, like Maia, but he also has the strength to possibly put Anderson on the ground.

I don't think Anderson would last long with Rousimar on top of him, but maybe I'm underestimating Anderson's BJJ, who knows?

Anderson has the skills to beat him before Palhares could put the pressure on him for sure, although Silva usually takes at least a couple minutes to find his range and get really loose.

I'd bet on Anderson Silva though.