Can people actually lift a watch?

As in, steal it from your wrist without you knowing.

I’ve seen it in the movies but I don’t really see how it’s possible IRL.

For your trouble:

4 Likes

There are a bunch of people who do it as part of a comedy/magic act

2 Likes

Apollo Robbins says yes.

2 Likes

He takes watch at the end, not sure how it works

3 Likes

Yes. A TJ stripper was yanking my buddies root at a table and he had bo idea she took it until we were halfway to the next club.

2 Likes

Pic of your buddy’s root getting yanked?

4 Likes

Trader Joe’s strippers are the worst.

3 Likes

Those are cool clips.

Being able to get a watch is going to depend heavily on the strap style.
A metal bracelet with the quick release style they use is not going to be that hard, neither is a basic leather strap with a single pin.
I’d imagine a seatbelt nato strap with the excess length folded back over itself and tucked back through the buckles is going to be a bastard to slip off quickly and unnoticed.

1 Like

That’s why I dont wear a watch . One less thing to worry about being stolen.
I also keep my phone stuffed up my asshole for safe measure.

5 Likes

Big Cat GIF by NETFLIX

1 Like

I’d imagine his watch would be hard to steal

3 Likes

When he grabs GWB’s wrists and starts shaking them… you can see his fingers manipulating the clasp, he rolls the wrist at the end to pull the watch off… palms it, puts it in his pocket as he’s saying “I got a present for you” and in the same motion removes it.

You can pay me in dick picks!

1 Like

I tried to send mine several times but i keep getting Size Capacity Exceeded error prompts

2 Likes

Of course not. Unless you make it a point to allow strange men to touch you while you stand there bemused. All the stage tricks require misdirection by the stealer which involves touching to distract.

This is why I exclusively wear my watch around my shaft…

I believe they can. The guys in those videos are probably the best ones at this, but I’m sure pros do use their cohorts from time to time to make things easier.

I figured he was doing something but me, you, and others here would feel the watch getting pulled off I think