Can someone explain why this happens?

Everyone once in a while I'll be asleep and I get a few seconds of this feeling of impending doom for my personal life. It's not a feeling of fear; more like there is no hope for my life. It's very disturbing but only lasts a few seconds. I wake up and I feel fine. Has this happened to anyone else? Phone Post 3.0

Is it a panic attack? I've never had one while conscience Phone Post 3.0

Sometimes, just as Im falling asleep, I get the sensation of falling. I spazz out for a split second in a massive twitch and try to grab on to something. Its happened as long as I can remember.

Maybe no messican food before bed Phone Post 3.0

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was going to pet a dog and it tried to bite my hand. When I yanked my hand( in real life) I elbowed my girlfriend in the back pretty fricken hard haha Phone Post 3.0

what I'm about to say might scare you and I hope it does, somewhat.

What you are receiving is a message from your subconscious mind. Pay attention to what it says. It's warning you of impending danger. Take notice.

People don't realize how powerful the subconscious mind is. It controls more of your life decisions that you would ever believe.

gw99 - what I'm about to say might scare you and I hope it does, somewhat.

What you are receiving is a message from your subconscious mind. Pay attention to what it says. It's warning you of impending danger. Take notice.

People don't realize how powerful the subconscious mind is. It controls more of your life decisions that you would ever believe.
Interesting. I don't think anything will happen to me. This has occurred before; about 2 years ago. It almost feels like my soul is in a black hole or something. It's a strange feeling. I googled this and sleep paralysis and astral projection came up Phone Post 3.0

Mica Kizbig - Sometimes, just as Im falling asleep, I get the sensation of falling. I spazz out for a split second in a massive twitch and try to grab on to something. Its happened as long as I can remember.
This has happened to me before Phone Post 3.0

JudoknowNothing -
Mica Kizbig - Sometimes, just as Im falling asleep, I get the sensation of falling. I spazz out for a split second in a massive twitch and try to grab on to something. Its happened as long as I can remember.
This has happened to me before Phone Post 3.0
Me to, Es normal Phone Post 3.0

Usually a sign that you're "falling" for another dude. You might be gay, get used to it Phone Post 3.0

Happens to me as well, it's not the same as feeling as if you are falling and waking up but like you said, a feeling of impending doom. Hard to explain. Perhaps it's the thought of your own mortality. I'm certainly afraid to die. Phone Post 3.0

Good Sir - Happens to me as well, it's not the same as feeling as if you are falling and waking up but like you said, a feeling of impending doom. Hard to explain. Perhaps it's the thought of your own mortality. I'm certainly afraid to die. Phone Post 3.0
Good to know I'm not alone. I'm not afraid to die though. What's scary is that if I felt this way in everyday life I would probably goes crazy. It felt more spiritual than mental. Hard to explain! Phone Post 3.0

Causes of Sleep Paralysis:
There is no exact cause on why some people get this horrible sensation called sleep paralysis. Its doesn’t matter if your male or female it all depends on the factors below that we listed. Sleep paralysis is very common and happens to 40% of the general population. You will find younger children experiencing this feeling then most adults.
Common Causes Include:
- Not getting enough sleep
- Drinking access alcohol
- Medical conditions ex narcolepsy
- Leg cramps
- Change in your sleep pattern
- Passed down from family
- Low levels of melatonin
- Change in your lifestyle ex eating habits etc….
- If you sleep on your back
How Can I Stop Sleep Paralysis? Phone Post 3.0

Speaking of sleep paralysis, if anyone wants to experience it follow these steps.

At night lay in bed on your back completely still with your arms at your side with your eyes closed. Do not move at all, you will want to move or scratch and itch but you need to hold off.

After about 20-30 minutes if done correctly (if your still awake) your body will go to 'sleep' but you should still be awake and unable to move etc. for a limited period of time.

I've experienced sleep paralysis about 6 times or so, most of which I woke up in the middle of the night and had it. But I did try the method above a couple of times and it seemed to work. Phone Post 3.0

I do agree about the comment on the subconscious.
Not sure it's sleep paralysis if it's waking you up. Sounds more like a dream/ subconscious expression type thing.

I've at times awakened in a state of idk what. I have a sudden "realization" about death. I don't call it a fear but it's like at the moment I awake I realize that as I slept the world went on without me. And some day I'll never wake up. And I'll cease to exist.
It's a strange feeling. When it happens it happens for awhile, then goes away until next time. Probably just my fear of death. Idk. Phone Post 3.0

Mihow -
the butthole whisperer - your butthole needs tending to, that is your main issue

you're gonna be great for the next 3-19 weeks

i'm so excited
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Demonic possession

Res ipsa loquitar -
MinotauroBigNogFan - Speaking of sleep paralysis, if anyone wants to experience it follow these steps.

At night lay in bed on your back completely still with your arms at your side with your eyes closed. Do not move at all, you will want to move or scratch and itch but you need to hold off.

After about 20-30 minutes if done correctly (if your still awake) your body will go to 'sleep' but you should still be awake and unable to move etc. for a limited period of time.

I've experienced sleep paralysis about 6 times or so, most of which I woke up in the middle of the night and had it. But I did try the method above a couple of times and it seemed to work. Phone Post 3.0

I get sleep paralysis in various positions. Odd that you should be constrained to just one....or are you only able to induce it with just one?

I have had it dozens of times, but I noticed most recently that it revolves often around a negative thought or pressing concern right before I go to sleep.

No I mean that's just the easiest position to really stay still in one play without moving around and keeping your body awake. Phone Post 3.0