Can someone help me identify this cartoon?

This would have been early 80s I believe.  Before Voltron, Thundercats, and the GOAT Robotech.  

I believe the heroes were stationed in some facility at the bottom of the ocean.  At the beginning and/or end of each show, some robot character would fill you in on things, before the action got going with the heroes.  There were like 4 or 5 heroes.  Some skinny one, some fat one, a girl, and one or two more.  They wore capes I believe, and had helmets with clear visors that extended from their face.

What the heck was this?  I remember liking it a ton, but I haven't thought about it in years until just now.

The Centurions? 

Lost me at Robotech being GOAT. Dungeons & Dragons takes that crown 

Battle of the Planets, based on the Japanese series Gachaman.

And yes, it rocked :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPXgdixz1qE

None So Blind - Battle of the Planets, based on the Japanese series Gachaman.

And yes, it rocked :-)

This.

My FAVORITE cartoon back in the day

Battle of the Planets

Not sealab, but it made me think of sealab. Loved that show

Much obliged for the posting of the vid, Al.

And OP and Dreville are both wrong, Star Blazers is GOAT :-P

Vrill - 

The Centurions? 

I think you've nailed it.  What say you OP?

Dreville79 - 

good but not enough longevity for GOAT

GI JOE

Batman

xmen

SNORKS

Mysterious Cities of Gold or go fuck your mother

Dreville79 - 

When was the last time you watched either?

Robotech is far superior.

BiggGunn -
Dreville79 - 

Don’t doubt my 80’s cartoon watching schedule sir! I actually just started watching D&D again yesterday, I watch it through once yearly minimum. GOAT by far! 

Wholly shit, thanks so much guys.  SO.  It was definately Battle of the Planets.  Or maybe not.  I didn't really recognize that intro Al Cappachino posted, even thought I recognized the characters, so I started doing some googling.  There was actually another series, called Gforce, that was based on the exact same Japanese series!  Gforce actually sounds familiar, Battle of the Planets I didn't recognise the name, even though I recognized some of the characters.

Has anyone seen both series, and have opinions on which one is better?  Want to watch one, and want to make sure it is the best one so as not to spoil it.

Thanks! 

Dreville79 - 
BiggGunn -
Dreville79 - 

Don’t doubt my 80’s cartoon watching schedule sir! I actually just started watching D&D again yesterday, I watch it through once yearly minimum. GOAT by far! 

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVED the D&D cartoon.  But it can never be a Robotech.  Every D&D episode started from scratch.  Like a 20 min short, different show each time.  Robotech, however, was an epic saga.  Complete with people's loved ones dying, love stories, etc.  In addition to the awesome aliens and space fighting.  Just on a whole other level.

I think there was some show that was kinda similar to it, in that it was a continuous saga - like Battleship Yamamoto or something?   I've seen something like that mentioned before, but never got to see it.  Don't see how it could come close to Robotech.  Robotech is awesome on so many levels.  Including the freaking AWESOME music.

Homeslice -

Wholly shit, thanks so much guys.  SO.  It was definately Battle of the Planets.  Or maybe not.  I didn't really recognize that intro Al Cappachino posted, even thought I recognized the characters, so I started doing some googling.  There was actually another series, called Gforce, that was based on the exact same Japanese series!  Gforce actually sounds familiar, Battle of the Planets I didn't recognise the name, even though I recognized some of the characters.

Has anyone seen both series, and have opinions on which one is better?  Want to watch one, and want to make sure it is the best one so as not to spoil it.

Thanks! 

If you can find the original Gatchaman series, you should watch that instead. I found it on a torrent site awhile ago with subtitles.
The little robot was added to the dubbed overseas version because they cut out the violence and needed to extend the run time.

Kebab Warrior -

Mysterious Cities of Gold or go fuck your mother

iFish -

Battle of the Planets