Can someone pick me up?

I can't put my business out there because people can be evil and try to be mean with it, but I'm going through a difficult time in my life right now.  Kinda personal.  

I'll be okay, but there's no known timeframe of when my situation will be better.  It's real tough.  Emotionally.  

Can someone please share with me a time in their life when they were very down, feeling alone, but that situation got drastically better?  I really could use some positivity right now.  Has nothing to do with anything going on in the news.

Thanks.

1 Like

Without putting my experiences out there I’ll just say that like a lot of people I lost everything that I loved. But it does get better. Might not be as quick as you would like it to, but you keep trying and don’t make life harder than it is already. In time you will be happy again. 

1 Like

addict - 

Without putting my experiences out there I’ll just say that like a lot of people I lost everything that I loved. But it does get better. Might not be as quick as you would like it to, but you keep trying and don’t make life harder than it is already. In time you will be happy again. 

Thank you. 

thought you needed a ride....

4 Likes

Grew up poor with single mom and two little brothers section 8, step dad came along when I was 5 and lifted us up to owning a house eventually. Fast forward to age 15 and he had his own son with mom, now 3 little brothers life is good. Dad was a gearhead and finally got his first bike, Ducati 900 desmodue, one day driving home a guy blows a stop sign and everything changed in an instant. He died when i was 15 and just after their 10th anniversary, his son was 2. I was left to be the man with a broken mom, shit sucked and I miss him to this day. Worst of all my 2 yo brother doesn't know him from adam.

Life is cruel at times.

My mom, and all my brothers love eachother more now than ever,  only time can heal the deep wounds brother, keep your chin up.

Edit

1 Like

When I was younger I was dealing with some demons. I lost my job, my car, ended it with my fiancee, and really was in a bad place. I was fortunate enough that a family member offered to get me setup in another state with a job that paid room and board. 

I sold virtually everything I had and moved to the other side of the country. I took most of the next year just focusing on taking care of my issues and planning for the following year. As things worked out, the room and board gig ended abruptly and with nowhere left to go, I moved back to the town I had left earlier that year. I really didn't want to and was pretty afraid that I was going to end up just going back to the way things were before. But I decided I would do everything different.

One thing that helped was listening to music that I liked back before all of the shitty stuff happened, which was early high school. That helped get me in the right frame of mind, and probably more importantly, started me back to a place where I actually liked myself. 

First thing I did when I moved back was buy a bike. Next thing was finding a job, which I found two, a full time and a part time. I then signed up for community college, which started in a couple months.

I quit smoking, studied harder than ever before, shooting for all 4.0 in my I worked as many hours as my jobs would give me.

I also used my relationship with my ex-fiancee to give myself standards for any girl I would date or have sex with in the future. I called it "the three I's". She would have to have intelligence, independence, and integrity.

After my first year in college I had a near 4.0, I had enough money for a car, and I had met the girl who I would eventually marry.

That was about 20 years ago now. I went to University after community college, then law school. I have a good family, home, and job.

It took refocusing, setting standards for my actions, and working towards my goals. But really it was just small decisions everyday that accumulated into greater achievements.

Just figure out what you need to take care of now, where you want to be afterward, then just do a little bit each day to get there. Don't be afraid to excel or fail, because the next day is just a few more small decisions that will lead to greater achievements.

2 Likes

Borgata Grille 2 -

When I was in high school there was this chick that hung around that I wanted to bang so fucking bad. She was a hot blond, a little thick, huge rack, super cool. She was fun to hang out with but I really really wanted to fuck her, but she had a boyfriend and wouldn’t cheat on him.
After like a year they broke up and she called up asking if she could spend the night at my place. Fucking A!

The minute she comes in, I throw her down on the bed to fuck her good and as soon as I take her pants off the whole fucking room smells like a dead animal. It was the worst letdown in world history.

To this day, if it’s real hot outside and I walk past a disgusting overflowing dumpster that smells like hot shit, I’m instantly reminded of this skanky bitches gross cunt and how disappointed I was to wait a whole year only to tell her to get the fuck out of my house after maybe 30 seconds.  My bedroom stunk like hot shit and farts for like 2 days. That was 20 years and I’ve probably said less than 20 words to this girl since. Fucking bitch. 

I am so happy now for some reason. 

Good luck OP. You're one of the good ones.

2 Likes

WikiTheWalrus - 

When I was younger I was dealing with some demons. I lost my job, my car, ended it with my fiancee, and really was in a bad place. I was fortunate enough that a family member offered to get me setup in another state with a job that paid room and board. 

I sold virtually everything I had and moved to the other side of the country. I took most of the next year just focusing on taking care of my issues and planning for the following year. As things worked out, the room and board gig ended abruptly and with nowhere left to go, I moved back to the town I had left earlier that year. I really didn't want to and was pretty afraid that I was going to end up just going back to the way things were before. But I decided I would do everything different.

One thing that helped was listening to music that I liked back before all of the shitty stuff happened, which was early high school. That helped get me in the right frame of mind, and probably more importantly, started me back to a place where I actually liked myself. 

First thing I did when I moved back was buy a bike. Next thing was finding a job, which I found two, a full time and a part time. I then signed up for community college, which started in a couple months.

I quit smoking, studied harder than ever before, shooting for all 4.0 in my I worked as many hours as my jobs would give me.

I also used my relationship with my ex-fiancee to give myself standards for any girl I would date or have sex with in the future. I called it "the three I's". She would have to have intelligence, independence, and integrity.

After my first year in college I had a near 4.0, I had enough money for a car, and I had met the girl who I would eventually marry.

That was about 20 years ago now. I went to University after community college, then law school. I have a good family, home, and job.

It took refocusing, setting standards for my actions, and working towards my goals. But really it was just small decisions everyday that accumulated into greater achievements.

Just figure out what you need to take care of now, where you want to be afterward, then just do a little bit each day to get there. Don't be afraid to excel or fail, because the next day is just a few more small decisions that will lead to greater achievements.

Thanks for sharing your story WikiTheWalrus. 

For your efforts, here is a picture of a Walrus penis bone.   Way to go.

No photo description available.

Every great thing that has happened in my life has come directly from what I thought were the worst points in my life. 100% of them. Sorry I can't post details because they involve my family... but the best crops grow from the stinkiest shit.

1 Like

shoot me a DM if you need D. much love brotha. 

1 Like

Yo. call me now.  I'd love to talk to you.  Sent you my number through DM.  It'll be fun.  Call me.  Mountain Medic can verify I am very fun to talk to as I get really drunk.

2 Likes

Alright now you are being selfish, bro.  Maybe I need someone to talk to....

The 2008/9 recession destroyed me.  Was a partner in a business whose customers were banks, developers, & government.  Over a 3 month period we went from millions in monthly revenue to almost nothing.  Customers wouldn’t pay us for the work we had done, so had no way of paying vendors.  CEO went to Europe and told me to lay everyone (40 people) off and me personally go try and collect money owed.  People screamed at me and cried during the layoffs.  Got sued for payments, ended up filing for bankruptcy since no one would even negotiate and customers never paid.  Had 4 kids all under the age of 8 and wasn’t sure if I was going to find myself homeless with a wife and four kids.

Could never sleep before 3 am every night, not sure what I was going to do.  Multiple trips to the ER because of panic attacks.  Started losing hair, got sores on my head from stress that the Dr said came from constant adrenaline surges.  I still have the scars.  All this at about the time my family had just started feeling normal again after my sister was killed in a car accident at age 14, 8 years earlier.

If I could go back and talk to myself, I’d say to let go of it all, you truly have no idea what the future will bring.  Control what you can and let go of the rest.  Keep moving forward and as long as you keep trying things tend to work out, even though it might seem impossible.  The trip out isn’t easy, but it’s worth it.  When things are great it’s easy to think they’ll stay great.  When they go bad, it’s easy to only see the bad.  A fear or sorrow filled brain lies to you and isn’t trustworthy.  I burned through my savings, then 401k, found $2000 in cash in my mailbox from someone anonymously (pretty sure it was my rich uncle).  Was able to keep my house, but only after finding a job with only a few thousand left in my 401k.

Dude, it was an 8 year battle of working my ass off and grinding but I am better for it.  It made me smarter , wiser. And more resilient.  Now that we are in this recession, I am still doing well financially.  I saw who my true friends were.  I stopped hanging out with some people forever.  My wife stood by me 100% and to this day feel like Inowe her my life for it.  Keep going, just keep going.

1 Like

I try to live by this, but not going to lie, there are times when this is much harder to do than others.

On a positive note I have been training stand up a lot. Enough to where my physique is improving, I’m going more rounds.

Still got shit I deal with though. June’s seem more difficult than other months for some reason.

Anyways, if someone’s got another hang in there it gets better story, I will 100% read it.

2 Likes

Life can be really hard and dark but it’s best to pour yourself into productivity and positivity. Do something positive for another person with no expectation of reward. Then do something that benefits you in the long term. Get in shape, learn a skill, create something, learn a new language or how to paint a portrait or play an instrument. Get goal focused. Start shedding your bad habits. Read a book that teaches you something. Get more sunshine and a good sleep schedule. Eat good (clean). Smile more even if you don’t mean it. Be with nice people who care about your success and well-being when you can. Pray more. Act like the person you wish you could become and you will.

Easy to say, not always easy to do. I wish you the best. Keep the faith. Hope, faith and discipline can often raise you above your station.

1 Like

I have no winning recipes. Just keep truckin and fuckin

Had plenty of dark times dude. None I like to relive, but suffice it to say I’ve been through some horrible shit that I wouldn’t wish on anybody. In every instance, I’ve found myself more appreciative of the good things in my life when I came out the ass end of it. The good shines.

My mom went in for a basic medical operation and came out of it with brain damage.

She rotted away before my very eyes and died a slow and painful death. It was horrible. It destroyed my soul.

But time went on and I pushed forward. I had my training partners and my son. Now years later I am as happy as I’ve ever been. When I think about my mom, I think about the good times. And every day I get a little better.

Positive vibes and more of them, and that’s what I take most from your post. In terms of all the advice, I not only agree with it but have doing most of that. I’ve been in the best shape I’ve been in in years. While I have been training stand up, I feel I have plateu’d and I previously arranged with one of my friends who is more experienced in some martial arts than I am, to see what I have and give me some pointers, as I always want to learn/improve. I got to his gym tomorrow night which I’m looking forward to. I’ve cut down on bad habits. Got some sunshine yesterday b/c I just shaved my head and it needed some sun :wink: Been eating better.

There’s over 7 billion people on earth. Sometimes bad shit just happens to good people. I think/hope these times will make me tougher and somehow better.

Oh and in terms of helping others, a 14yr old neighbor kid, a stout Pakistani kid wanted me to hold the pads for him one day b/c he saw myself and a friend do it. He knocks on my door 5-6 days a week and I train him for 5 rounds. Since the hot weather’s hit we’ve done 3 rds a couple times but it’s actually been really great to hear his particular knock on my door. I’ve only had to turn him down once but I can tell he really likes it and the kid is an absolute natural too.

1 Like