Can this man make 170 lbs?

Ryo Chonan [funny pic..lol]

Chonan only weighed 182 lbs for his fight with Silva, and should be able to cut and make 170, where IMHO he'd be an absolute beast for anyone in that class.

All he'd need to do is lose a few lbs, cut the rest the day of the weigh ins, and he'd be in at welterweight.

Chonan vs. Trigg might be good, eh?

Someone post a pic of a Sleatsack from Land of the
Lost!

he does look alot like a pirahna

I'd fight him, fer sheezy.

55? I dunno goku.. he's a bit big for that.

trigg would take him down easily and beat the ugly outta him

I made 170 lbs of deer meat once.

I think Trigg would beat him via ground and pound. I also think Mayhem would probably beat him. Let's not get carried away here.

"I think Trigg would beat him via ground and pound. I also think Mayhem would probably beat him. Let's not get carried away here."

He roughed up Newton pretty badly and subbed Silva, and those are only his 2 most recent wins. Why the hate?

NO HATE

Looks like he might be doing a Rainman impersonation.

What did we see when Sakurai fought Trigg? I don't know what you saw, but I witnessed a GREAT fight where Trigg dominated in the beginning but Sakurai, being the man he is, stood tough and was able to come back and catch Trigg with a great punch. I'm sure Sakurai had all the respect in the world for Trigg then and now.

Andy Wang/
Taipei BJJ Academy

he is a better striker than trigg and if almeida couldnt get him then i doubt trigg could

chonnan would ko trigg imo

He was announced as 176, so I don't see any problem at all.

Let him fight at middleweight,it just makes it all the better when he wins.

I dunno know if he could take Trigg because under 170, outside of Hughes, I dont think anyone can really (i would favour Trigg over BJ).

I guess it just comes down to whether Chonan will continue to fight in Pride and if he will fight guys close to weight (ie. not start taking on Silva, Rampage, etc.).

You guys are nuts, Chonan will be exposed soon enough. Trigg, Charuto,Penn, Hughes would all destroy him.

Not 100% sure if he trained them of not, but if he did Kyoshi Tamura's ability as a trainer is pretty damn good. He has produced some damn good fighters (Ryo Chonan being the most well known to "mma fans" in the US. Daisuke Nakamura is also a damn good fighter that most people will probly never get a chance to see)