Can you host UFC PPV Public viewing at MMA School

Can you host a free UFC PPV viewing at a Martial Arts Schools for students and instructors?

Nope. These a recent case brought against a gym just like that. Phone Post 3.0

Zuffa is going to proceed with legal action just for that stupid ass question. Phone Post 3.0

My phone isn't letting me cut and paste. Search Joe Hand sues gym and bjpenn.com has an article. Phone Post 3.0

Zuffa is a greedy company. They have actually sued bjj gyms for watching in the gym as a team.

That was the final straw for me never buying a ppv again.

Horribly run organization that is starting to pay for their greed and despicable behavior. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.bjpenn.com/bjj-gym-being-sued-by-ufc-over-airing-of-ppv/

That's pretty shitty. In my uneducated opinion, I think the gym is technically in the wrong, but come on! Would they sue a person that had a TV in an external garage and invited buddies to watch? Could that person collect a few dollars from everyone?

We wouldn't need lawyers, if it wasn't for fuckin lawyers. Phone Post 3.0

TopGrinder - Zuffa runs things like thugs. I don't expect any different from em. Any chance to fuck over their fans they will. They rather skin the sheep than sheer it. Phone Post 3.0
That sheep expression is awesome! I can't believe I've never heard that. Phone Post 3.0

Isn't it the promotion company that is doing the sueing? Or is Zuffa directly involved in it? Phone Post 3.0

Not now that you advertised it and left your IP behind you...

I read that they hire PI's to scan for shit like this and depending on how your address is zoned? Residential or commercial They'll come and check it out..

This was in the comments on that article from BJpenn.com

Don't share zuffa products, THATS FUCKING ILLEGAL.gif Phone Post 3.0

Wait, so when they raised the PPV price again, dana basically said "so what? Invite more friends over to watch it then u fukin eggs."

But you cannot invite too many friends over or you'll get sued?

What's the ruling on that? Phone Post 3.0

smth416 - Zuffa is a greedy company. They have actually sued bjj gyms for watching in the gym as a team.

That was the final straw for me never buying a ppv again.

Horribly run organization that is starting to pay for their greed and despicable behavior. Phone Post 3.0
No. You're just cheap. Phone Post 3.0

Nope they sued our gym in Columbus, GA a couple of years ago. I think they settled for $2000.00.

Drewout - Nope they sued our gym in Columbus, GA a couple of years ago. I think they settled for $2000.00.
That is fucked. Phone Post 3.0

ChokingOnACookie - http://www.bjpenn.com/bjj-gym-being-sued-by-ufc-over-airing-of-ppv/

That's pretty shitty. In my uneducated opinion, I think the gym is technically in the wrong, but come on! Would they sue a person that had a TV in an external garage and invited buddies to watch? Could that person collect a few dollars from everyone?

The story you posted said that the courts dismissed the case. Wouldnt that mean you CAN host a private UFC viewing party at your gym?

priziesthorse - You can pay the ppv price for commercial establishments based on the maximum occupancy of your building.
This. You certainly CAN it just won't be free to you, and that's an understatement. Just need commercial showing license. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_mojodmonky -
ChokingOnACookie - http://www.bjpenn.com/bjj-gym-being-sued-by-ufc-over-airing-of-ppv/

The story you posted said that the courts dismissed the case. Wouldnt that mean you CAN host a private UFC viewing party at your gym?

Guess I should have read it all. I stand corrected. Phone Post 3.0

priziesthorse - You can pay the ppv price for commercial establishments based on the maximum occupancy of your building.
The owner of the vape shop i go to (it's a very small building) told me he has to pay 700 bucks to watch ufc in his building... 700 freakin bucks for one damn ppv event.. That's insane Phone Post 3.0

Erik_in_559 -
The owner of the vape shop i go to (it's a very small building) told me he has to pay 700 bucks to watch ufc in his building... 700 freakin bucks for one damn ppv event.. That's insane Phone Post 3.0
Don't those places usually charge 10-20 bucks a head?

And then make money from customers getting sloshed and yelling shit at the tv?

Or in his case, getting high and snickering/grinning at the screen.

That should pay for itself shouldn't it? Phone Post 3.0

For the right price I am sure you can. However, just buying a regular PPV to show all of the students, no. Its kind of ironic how much money Zuffa is spending to "protect themselves" and buy doing so they limit exposure and interest which actually costs them more money.