Can you host UFC PPV Public viewing at MMA School

Answer is no if you mean just use normal directv hook up. You have to do what bars and food joints do. You'd have to pay more, but there are legal ways of doing it

It would be great if they could set up a rate for guns to view it. I wouldn't mind paying more, for more people would be watching. I just wouldn't want it anywhere near the bar prices. Phone Post 3.0

My old BJJ got in trouble but it kind of makes sense... especially since they were charging lol.
But hey bars have to pay more to show a Boxing fight too this is pretty standard when it comes to PPV not just a UFC thing.
Boxing gyms have gotten in trouble for doing this as well.

UFC fucks up plenty but this one is kind of normal in the market.

So I have a question.
All my bills including cable are registered to my business... Could i theoretically be sued for having buddies over and watching the fights for not going through Joe Hand to watch the fights? Phone Post 3.0

Cadillacphat - So I have a question.
All my bills including cable are registered to my business... Could i theoretically be sued for having buddies over and watching the fights for not going through Joe Hand to watch the fights? Phone Post 3.0

Technically yes. Although in court you could prove it was at your residence and probably get it dismissed.

I own a tattoo shop and wanted to order the UFC so my artists and their clients could watch it while getting tattooed. I could not order it for less than $800 because my Direct TV account is a business account.

Of course I did not order it through Direct TV.

You could order online stream it to larger TV problem fixed....

HandyDarsh -
Erik_in_559 -
priziesthorse - You can pay the ppv price for commercial establishments based on the maximum occupancy of your building.
The owner of the vape shop i go to (it's a very small building) told me he has to pay 700 bucks to watch ufc in his building... 700 freakin bucks for one damn ppv event.. That's insane Phone Post 3.0
Don't those places usually charge 10-20 bucks a head?

And then make money from customers getting sloshed and yelling shit at the tv?

Or in his case, getting high and snickering/grinning at the screen.

That should pay for itself shouldn't it? Phone Post 3.0
No, he wasn't even charging a cover.. He just put the event on and ordered some pizzas... It just a cool little vape shop you can go sit down and chill at.. But once the ufc caught wind of it and did whatever they do, he just settled on not showing anymore events, as he wasn't too interested in paying 700 dollars for something he wasn't charging for Phone Post 3.0

HandyDarsh -
Erik_in_559 -
priziesthorse - You can pay the ppv price for commercial establishments based on the maximum occupancy of your building.
The owner of the vape shop i go to (it's a very small building) told me he has to pay 700 bucks to watch ufc in his building... 700 freakin bucks for one damn ppv event.. That's insane Phone Post 3.0
Don't those places usually charge 10-20 bucks a head?

And then make money from customers getting sloshed and yelling shit at the tv?

Or in his case, getting high and snickering/grinning at the screen.

That should pay for itself shouldn't it? Phone Post 3.0
Oh and it's not weed vape... Its nicotine, and no alcohol is served there.. It's basically just a small smoke shop Phone Post 3.0

You can host it at your mma school if your school is in North Korea or Iran.

Zuffa lawyers still too scared to visit these countries.

WAR UFC IRAN!

WAR UFC NORTH KOREA!!!

smth416 - Zuffa is a greedy company. They have actually sued bjj gyms for watching in the gym as a team.

That was the final straw for me never buying a ppv again.

Horribly run organization that is starting to pay for their greed and despicable behavior. Phone Post 3.0

Zuffa doesn't sue anyone for doing that. It is the ppv company. Good job for being the typical ignorant moran though.

KidJustice - 
Cadillacphat - So I have a question.

Technically yes. Although in court you could prove it was at your residence and probably get it dismissed.

I own a tattoo shop and wanted to order the UFC so my artists and their clients could watch it while getting tattooed. I could not order it for less than $800 because my Direct TV account is a business account.

Of course I did not order it through Direct TV.

You could order online stream it to larger TV problem fixed....

Ordering on the internet wont stop you getting sued, if you show the ufc at a commercial establishment. This is from another thread

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2324138&page=4

Chris Brennan - "I'm going good through the same thing at my gym with this same company. We paid for the ufc at my gym and watched it with some students. It was via Internet too. Had no idea you couldn't do that in a gym if you paid for it. They are trying to get 15k and the licensing I guess is 1k. I offered the 1k cuz I didn't know it wasn't legal cuz two other local gyms were doing it but they said too late 15k now or 100k later. It's some bullshit."

Stream using your phone's wifi
Play it on live event viewer on Ps4
That's how I watch it at home, since I have PS plus. It's only $45.

So what would be the difference if someone just viewed it like this at a business? Way too many grey areas. Phone Post 3.0