Can you play any of these songs

Freebird, Frankenstein, Eruption or Stranglehold?

I sure as hell can't and i try almost everyday

I play something that resembles all of those songs.

Ronnie Montrose showed me some of his parts for Frankenstein. ;)

Keep at it man, you'll get it.

I played eruption once, and by the time I had learned it I never played it again because I was so sick of it.

I feel your pain, Beav. I learned it from Steve Vai's transcription. He notated the mistakes. The MISTAKES.
Nearly drove me insane(nearly?).

All of them, except for "Frankenstein", which I've never actually tried.

Speaking of "Eruption", I have an MP3 of Eddie playing it live, and it is embarrassingly horrible. He was not only hitting wrong notes, but was struggling with the alternate picking.

Mere words can't describe how bad it is. You must hear it to believe it. He must have been ridiculously drunk or high.

Racer X, do you know Winter's solo (right after the drum solo) from Frankenstein?

It's so fast, I have been trying to find a tab of that fovever!

btw, I used to be able to play Eruption years ago, haven't tried since-

the rest of Frankenstein (sanz solo above) and Stranglehold no problem-

Shootozen, no I don't know Edgar's solo, I always just did a rolling, tapping thing(similar to what Vito Bratta did in his solo for White Lion's tune "Wait") with an envelope filter to sort of simulate the sound.

Bits and pieces from each.

He notated the mistakes. The MISTAKES.
Have you read his transciptions for Zappa's solos?
They have notations like 'tap neck pickup with pick' in the middle of a rippin' solo. It's insanity.

"He notated the mistakes. The MISTAKES.
Have you read his transciptions for Zappa's solos?
They have notations like 'tap neck pickup with pick' in the middle of a rippin' solo. It's insanity.
"

Hell, what do you think made me quit playing for a year?

Haven't tried all of those, just eruption.

Take your time, play it slow and in pieces or riffs until it feels right then just pick up the tempo and put riffs together. Listening constantly to that particular riff helps too, imo.

I just listened to my nephew playing the piano. He useally practices the piano until he gets the notes down right then when he feels comfortable the feelings begin to show in the song. Pretty good for a 6 year old playing simple-single-note stuff!(Barney, and other simple kids-type songs)

Beave, play it for me monday, I'd love to see how to pull it off.

BT

Haha!

FOr all you ween bashing I'll be the first to admit you can lay down some funky 80's grooves.