Canada is retard (Min wage Tim hortons)

Ontario passed a bill moving the minimum wage from $11 to $15.

As a result companies like Tim Hortons have increased the prices on some of their products to compensate, and cut certain benefits.

People are on the streets protesting Tim Hortons.. lmfao

I is retard?

You is retard.....

What is your concern about a minimum wage being $15.00 per he ?

Ontario is not Canada.

It's a part of Canada that wasted billions on hydro fuckups, elected a Dyke premier, had a pedo design the schools sex ed program and cheers for the Maple Leafs.

Ontario is retard.

What a joke, people are so stupid, all this shit about TH but nothing about the small businesses being affected. And guess what, turns out certain sectors can't handle the wage hike and still be able to operate so guess what... the liberals are picking winners and losers! Yay! Now they'll be using tax money to subsidize these businesses, what could possibly go wrong with that? And with proper Government lobbying your sector may be evaluated favourably for Government kick backs! Government intervention in the free market always goes wonderfully!

Hr......

Oh, and I hope all these people protesting promptly return any money they received from TH in way of team sponsorship for youth hockey, sending their kids to camp for free etc.

Ontario is a mess and does lots of weird shit, mostly due to unionized public sector influence. Tim Hortons is garbage food and is majority owned by a Brazilian investment group.

ricker - You is retard.....

1. It hurts small businesses as they don't necessarily have the resources to increase the wage by that much
2. It creates layoffs/benefit cuts and there's less jobs available
3. The price of goods will go up.

We live in a fantasy world if we think increasing the minimum wage is going to solve these problems.

Forvexample, the "living wage" where I'm from (being able to afford basic necessities) has been theorized to be$19.00. But if everyone made $19.00 an hour the living wage would likely be increased to around $30.00.

I swear people don't understand basic economics

What, seeing what a clusterfuck it was in california wasnt enough to keep them from shoving their heads up their ass? They deserve it at this point

I stack a dozen tim hortons donuts and duck them like a flesh light. Jelly donuts, because I like to pave my own way

Um...you know this was tried in california and failed pretty miserably, right? Workers were laid off, prices went up, cost of living went up...just a shit show all around

Tim Hortons is a business. They aren't around to provide charity for people.

They should be protesting the government. But Canada (MY country) is so complacent and loves big government.

The concern is increased costs of goods and services made and sold by companies that employ min wage workers. (Like an increase in the cost of coffee at Tim Hortons)

And the potential job loss to automation (see McDonald’s kiosks ) because min wage workers are now too expensive 

Let’s say the average McDonald’s hires 50 people in min wage at 25 hours per week each (im guessing at these numbers but. They seem resonable. 

By increasing min wage $4 / hour that’s an increase of $260 000 /year in salary. 

That extra expense has to come from somewhere. So either cut staff or raise prices. 

If I were an owner making millions I wouldn’t be happy giving away an extra $260k. 

But the average mcdonalds franchise makes. $154k a year net profit. So an extra $260k expense would put them in the negatives if nothing else changed. 

That is the concern 

http://www.mymoneyblog.com/mcdonalds-franchise-cost-vs-profit.html

I seriously doubt that Tim Horton's will notice any dip in business what so ever with these protests/price increases.

For every mentioned of TH on fbook are 100 businesses with employees affected that nobody will mention or give a fuck about. But hey as long as TH falls in line all is well.

Humm.....

So you are all concerned about small business failing due to this increase to minimum wage ...

Are you all aware that in 2013 the average 2 person household income was approx $72,000.00 Canadian per year, and the average single person was making $27,600.00 per year.

$72,000.00 ÷ 2 = $36,000.00 per year per person, that salary works out to an hrly rate of approx $18.75 (p.s. this is gross income not net)

$27,600.00 works out to approx $14.38 per hr (also gross not net)

$72,000.00 after tax and deduction will be approx $64 - $67,000.00.

$27,600.00 after deductions gives you approx $25,000.00 take home.

Average home price is $500,000.00 ÷ 25 years (mortgage) = $20,000.00 a year or $1,666.00 a month.

Average rent is $900.00 a month × 12 = $10,000.00 a year.

$65,500.00 - $20,000.00 = $45,000.00
$25,000.00 - $10,000.00 = $15,000.00

$45,000.00 - the average family consumer debt of approx $21,000.00 a year = $24,000.00
$15,000.00 - the average single person consumer debt of approx $5.500.00 a year = $9,500.00

$24,000.00 ÷ 12 months = $2,000.00
$9,500.00 ÷ 12 months = $792.00

Family has an estimated $2,000.00 for food, clothing, transportation, and entertainment.... and unexpected expenses.

The single person has considerably less @ $792.00 for all the same basic needs and they make $14.38 on the average across canada.

And your worried about small business and increases in goods and services. .. shit !! You all must be new to history and the flow of change in business with every growing year.

Hell this ain't new .... my first job I was paid $4.50 an hr in the 90's and now in 2018 we'll see minimum wage hit $15.00 an hr.

Well that just normal progress of society.

Mic drop !

effinggoof - Ontario is not Canada.

It's a part of Canada that wasted billions on hydro fuckups, elected a Dyke premier, had a pedo design the schools sex ed program and cheers for the Maple Leafs.

Ontario is retard.

Benjamin Levin, yeah. There have been so many scandals with this government, it's hard to remember all of them.

Ontario is fucked. Small businesses are going to get fucked because of this, but you know we're still going to reelect the Liberals again so they can continue to fuck this province up.