Canadian bro's.... Holiday advice

Sorry guys not the most interesting thread,
Trying to book a holiday over Christmas to Canada
The wife's really into this hotel in Toronto called Sheraton centre, looks ok to me but
I'm from the UK and only other place I've been out of Europe is Vegas

Anyone got any experience in this area ? What to do, what to look out for,
And I already know I'm being conned into 6 odd miles of underground shops.. :(
Need to get some overtime in work haha

Would appreciate any help,
And is it gunna be unenjoyably cold?
Considering it will be -5 in the UK anyway

Thanks guys Phone Post 3.0

The Trump, The Ivey and Delta are the ones I usually go to. Can be a bit pricey but it's worth it IF you're gonna be in the hotel often. Otherwise the Sheraton (sp?) is a good hotel.

I feel like if you're on vacation the hotel doesn't matter that much. To me when I go somewhere like that I spend maybe an hour in the hotel asides from sleeping so it doesn't really matter that much. Phone Post 3.0

Also do the CN Tower definitely. Try and do the walk in the edge, it's pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0

Toronto really isn't that cold, it's much colder in the prarie provinces.  It's probably gonna be around -10 or so.  Definitely go to the CN Tower and the Toronto Zoo.  Check out a Leafs game if you can afford it.  Ottawa and Montreal are also not too far from Toronto and both are worth visiiting for their own reasons.  Hell, there are even old British forts around if you wanted to check them out.

Ahh brilliant, yeah that's my thing I don't really wanna be in the hotel much, it's only a cheap break but I've always wanted to visit Canada,
I know this will sound daft but is the food prices for places average or?
I expected vegas to be a lot more expensive for food and it shocked me,
But if Toronto is anything like london.. Oh man Phone Post 3.0

New aquarium is tits Phone Post 3.0

Ya Rileys aquarium is definitely a fucking blast for all ages. Took my son and the fiance last summer and I even enjoyed it. As for food man just look for mom and pop shops, shwarma places and shit good deals all around. There are definitely alot of tourist food joints you'll pay pretty hefty for but man your paying in pounds 1$ is like 4$ of ours. Phone Post 3.0

stopclock - Ya Rileys aquarium is definitely a fucking blast for all ages. Took my son and the fiance last summer and I even enjoyed it. As for food man just look for mom and pop shops, shwarma places and shit good deals all around. There are definitely alot of tourist food joints you'll pay pretty hefty for but man your paying in pounds 1$ is like 4$ of ours. Phone Post 3.0
Yea, right beside the CN tower too which is nice. Phone Post 3.0

stopclock - Ya Rileys aquarium is definitely a fucking blast for all ages. Took my son and the fiance last summer and I even enjoyed it. As for food man just look for mom and pop shops, shwarma places and shit good deals all around. There are definitely alot of tourist food joints you'll pay pretty hefty for but man your paying in pounds 1$ is like 4$ of ours. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks mate, aquarium sounds great also noticed a zoo with pandas for a day out

We booked it before so really excited now, just looked at the shops and I'm easily pleased, got chipotle and abercrombie .. I'm sold,
Got neither in the UK !

I allowed 100 dollars (usd) for food in vegas for us both when we went in July and we managed so you guys think stick to that? Phone Post 3.0

Check out the zoo for sure.  It is pretty large and will easily take a day to check out. 

I think you will be able to eat for $100 a day in Toronto if you are smart about it.  Vegas is pretty cheap since everything is about the gambling, so don't expect the same prices. 

Canada's Wonderland is a big amusment park, but I not sure how much of it will be up and rolling in late December.  Or if things are open how enjoyable being on a roller coaster when it is damn cold out will be. 

Forgot about the Royal Ontario Museum.  I have been and it was cool, but I like that sort of stuff. 

http://www.rom.on.ca/en

The Distillery District is a good spot for eating and drinking.  Breweries, restaurants, and shopping for the lady.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

Kensington Market is a pretty cool spot as well.   Similar to the distillery district, maybe not as up scale.

http://www.kensington-market.ca/Default.asp?id=home&l=1

Is there anything to do on Toronto Island during the winter? There might also be that.

Eaton's Centre as well for sure though. Phone Post 3.0

I love you guys, can't beat real opinions over shitty reviews on websites !

Flying out Christmas Day all done now

Gunna sound dumb cod I know it's obvious but
Is niagra falls worth the visit? Phone Post 3.0

Hockey Hall of Fame, The ROM, check out a hockey game, Casa Loma,see who is playing at Massey Hall and Kensington Market.. Phone Post 3.0

Darkn3t - I love you guys, can't beat real opinions over shitty reviews on websites !

Yes! Its a cool place to check out :) Phone Post 3.0

The zoo in December??
Fuck that shit Phone Post 3.0

harbourfront has skating where you could rent skates. you could also rent a car then rent a cottage outside the city. like in muskoka etc. 2 hour drive.

there are b and bs at niagara on the lake which is around 1 hour to 1.5 hours away. or you could do a winery tour of niagara; i'd suggest that as the falls by themselves are impressive, but not really more than 1/2 a day or full day event.

look for restaurants on chowhounds. our chinese food is a lot better than what i had in london. i bet the thai is better as well.

Darkn3t - I love you guys, can't beat real opinions over shitty reviews on websites !

really nice if they have snow and ice with the lights

Skating at Harbourfront is a good option.

If there is snow, cross-country skiing or hiking along the Humber River is fun.

Make sure you go to California Sandwiches on Claremont and get a "hot veal" sandwich.

St. Lawrence Market is good early Saturday mornings. Lots of specialty foods and great snacking options.

The Aquarium as mentioned, is excellent. Go across the street and sink a couple beers at the Steamwhistle brewery.

If you can't afford a Leafs game or get tickets, consider a Marlies game. Cheap tickets in a pretty cool smaller arena. Good quality hockey from the farm team. Phone Post 3.0

If you are a football fan, you can probably catch more premier league games here on tv, than at home.

Many pubs do a fry-up and drinks special on Saturday and Sunday mornings when the games are airing live. Some pubs have supporters groups operating out of them. Phone Post 3.0