Canadian company and Obamacare website

Washington tells CGI to assign ‘A-Team’ to fix Obamacare website

Alex Nussbaum and Alex Wayne, Bloomberg News

The Obama administration, admitting the health insurance exchange has failed to meet expectations, is asking a group of the “best and brightest,” including U.S. technology chief Todd Y. Park, to bring the site up to speed.

President Barack Obama is scheduled to speak at 11:25 a.m. Monday in Washington to address the technology troubles, according to a White House official. Park, a co-founder of medical technology companies Athenahealth Inc. and Castlight Health Inc., is assisting in trying to fix healthcare.gov, Jason Young, a spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The government also asked the site’s main contractor, a unit of Montreal-based CGI Group Inc., to add staff and assign its “A-Team” to the efforts, Young said. While almost 500,000 people have applied for insurance through state and federal exchanges that opened Oct. 1, HHS in a blog post Sunday promised a “tech surge,” in the administration’s first detailed comments on how it planned to correct the site’s flaws.

“To ensure that we make swift progress, and that the consumer experience continues to improve, our team has called in additional help,” HHS said. “Our team is bringing in some of the best and brightest from both inside and outside government.”

The post didn’t provide specifics on those upgrades or who would be brought in to help. It also didn’t say how many of the applications had come through the 14 independent, state-run insurance exchanges, which have so far run more smoothly than the federal site serving the remaining 36 states.

‘Hiding the Ball’

While the tech surge promise “makes a good sound bite,” it’s “woefully short on detail,” said Julia Lawless, a spokeswoman for Senator Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican. “Who are they bringing in? When can Americans expect real results? The Obama administration has to stop hiding the ball and start explaining exactly what the problem is, what are they doing to fix it and when can the American people can see results.”

The federal site is the government’s online portal for people looking for new health plans and subsidies under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, which seeks to insure as many as 7 million people by the end of March. Employees and contractors for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, a part of the health department, have been working to fix it.

Parks’s involvement may be a sign the White House is asserting more control over the project. Park spent the first week of October sleeping on the floor of his office as he tried to help get healthcare.gov off the mat, said Jonathan Bush, the chief executive officer at Athenahealth, which runs cloud computing services for almost 50,000 medical providers.

Montreal-based company CGI.  

LOL, America outsourced this project to Canada.  It's hilarious how much fail is in that article.

TTT for Montreal-based CGI putting their A-Team on the case to fix this!

Eh, anyboody godda light my fren? Da BA, he needs a light mon ami!

After da light we fix da website.  Reelly soory aboot dat!

CGI's A-team

It's so unintentionally hilarious, as long as you're not American!

I'm not American!

You poor fucking bastards.  You can call in though.  Here's the number and I wish I were joking.  I'm not.  100% certified and true, unfortunately:

"The government also asked the site’s main contractor, a unit of Montreal-based CGI Group Inc., to add staff and assign its “A-Team” to the efforts, "

WTF is this? The main contractor is Canadian?

Why is a Canadian company working on a US Federal govt website?

Oh, you didn't know that?  Yeah, they chucked up almost a billion bucks (it will be WAYYYY more before all is said and done, I'm guessing several billion) to get this super awesome Obamacare website set up.

That was just the bestest.  Even better than transgenders using whatever bathrooms they want and fighting whoever they want.

America, you really have your priorities straight.  Congratulations on being so awesome, level-headed, thoughtful and smart.

You really are something to aspire to for the rest of the world.

God Bless America!

6ULDV8 - 

Oh, you didn't know that?  Yeah, they chucked up almost a billion bucks (it will be WAYYYY more before all is said and done, I'm guessing several billion) to get this super awesome Obamacare website set up.

That was just the bestest.  Even better than transgenders using whatever bathrooms they want and fighting whoever they want.

America, you really have your priorities straight.  Congratulations on being so awesome, level-headed, thoughtful and smart.

You really are something to aspire to for the rest of the world.

God Bless America!

Ironic post is ironic

But yes, Montreal is leading the west in startup innovation

They did a bang up job with the Obamacare sight I hear.  They really should put Barry on their list of references.