Canadian family killed for being Muslim

But they’re making the situation worse. Is this guy part of some terrorist organization? Why not come out with it? Reassure the public they know exactly why this guy did it, and there’s no further threats.

It won’t surprise me if they try to quietly let this die down. And then in a couple of weeks, we’ll see some half assed apology that they jumped the gun on the hate crime claim.

1 Like

oh if they do that then yeah it will be scandalous, but im not sure if you read the entire thread - they said they found very specific things that show this was a targeted hate crime but would not say more so as to protect the investigation and eventual prosecution, like i said this is not unusual.

if they are being politically correct and dont eventually have the evidence to support that heads should roll. for now im giving the police and prosecutors the benefit of the doubt.

ok i will stop repeating myself now. :wink:

1 Like

Black Lives > Asian Lives

1 Like

Wait, we’re trusting cops now?

2 Likes

What we know so far:

1. The pickup truck hitting family of four was an intentional act. The family was on a sidewalk waiting to cross the road then the pickup truck mounted the curb and hit them. Then the truck drove off immediately. They would have been recognizable from a distance as being of the Muslim faith due to their clothing. There were several witnesses.
  2. Suspect was arrested shortly after hit and run. Reports are that he had some kind of body armor.

What we don’t know.

1. What police found with the driver, or at his house.
  2. Anything the suspect did or said during his arrest.
1 Like

i dont blindly trust anyone, i try to judge based on the evidence available in each case. but i get your point.

1 Like

Only Canadian ones.

We also know he had no criminal record and wasn’t part of any hate groups.

His co-workers all had good things to say about him including one, who was Muslim, who said he never judged him and would give you the shirt off his back.

2 Likes

They’ve got to let the narrative get traction. Then when it’s all calmed down they’ll quietly release what they have (if it doesn’t fit the narrative) without much fanfare or media coverage. That’s EXACTLY how the Nova Scotia massacre played out.

1 Like

Oh, but that wasn’t hate motivated. He just couldn’t get pussy so he mashed a bunch of kids and dudes with a van, because that makes sense.

1 Like

Who cares what his motivation was, unless it was an accident, if it was intentional, he should be sentenced to death.

1 Like

Unfortunately, plain old murder can’t be used to terrorize the population into giving the government more power and the populace less rights. This will be used to further push anti-free speech and anti-privacy legislation. It was an awful, cowardly act of violence, but since it’s motivated by ‘hate’, they can argue that it could’ve been prevented if you could suppress hate. Of course this ignores the fact that suppressing hate-speech amplifies hate by driving it beneath the surface to fester, as well as the old ‘Streisand Effect’.

1 Like