Canadian gets to experience awesome US healthcare!

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/saskatoon/jennifer-huculak-kimmel-billed-950k-us-after-giving-birth-in-u-s-1.2839319 Phone Post 3.0

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2012/03/28/australian_couple_gives_birth_to_milliondollar_baby.html

Australian gets to experience awesome Canadian healthcare!

Well this thread ended pretty quickly.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Problem solved.

They worked out the aussie bill. The couple will pay $300 a month for the rest of their lives. Sick. But pretty minor compared to bankruptcy in the US case.

Read your insurance policy fine print.

In the US case, they were TOLD it would be covered before the trip and Blue Cross is denying the coverage.

Sucks either way.

tj tapper - They worked out the aussie bill. The couple will pay $300 a month for the rest of their lives. Sick. But pretty minor compared to bankruptcy in the US case.

In the US case, they were TOLD it would be covered before the trip and Blue Cross is denying the coverage.

Sucks either way.
Minor?

Paying $300 a month for the rest of you life is damn near criminal.

I would much prefer to have that debt discharged through bankruptcy. The slate is wiped clean and your credit is nearly back to normal after a few years.

Pay $300 a month til you die vs pay nothing? I'll choose pay nothing, thank you.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

^no shit.
Was it the 2nd baby Jesus or what? How the fuck can it cost a million to have a kid?

I guess they should have stayed home. Phone Post 3.0

Ya I would go bankrupt , fuck them. Phone Post 3.0

If they set aside $300/month at 8% interest, they would have $400,000 in 30 years

Sweet deal, IMO.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Didn't think one is allowed to travel when they're that close to the delivery date.

Also is the baby healthy? I see that it was premature. So maybe she does have USED healthcare to thank for her baby. Phone Post 3.0

Mark1 - 
tj tapper - They worked out the aussie bill. The couple will pay $300 a month for the rest of their lives. Sick. But pretty minor compared to bankruptcy in the US case.

Sucks either way.
Minor?

Paying $300 a month for the rest of you life is damn near criminal.

I would much prefer to have that debt discharged through bankruptcy. The slate is wiped clean and your credit is nearly back to normal after a few years.

Pay $300 a month til you die vs pay nothing? I'll choose pay nothing, thank you.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

I dont see how this is possible, bankruptcy works the same in Canada. Who in their right mind would agree to that? Is a problem with the australian system of bankruptcy?

Insurance companies are cunts by their very nature and will take any chance to fuck you on policy. I think the smart to do would've been to stay home. 

So Australia had awesome healthcare as well, I see! Phone Post 3.0

They were both only 6 months pregnant. We went to the U.S. when wifey was 5.5 months and we never considered insurance. Crazy. Phone Post 3.0

You had a bladder infection at 4 months which has implication to your pregnancy, then go on an 8 hour flight to Hawaii at 6 months??

The insurance companies are bastards, that I agree, but when my wife was pregnant, if she had issues at 4 months, there would have been no way we are traveling that far away. Phone Post 3.0