Canadian olympic trials

Our Olympic Team

55 kilograms - Mikheil Japaridze (Montreal W.C.)
60 kilograms - Gia Sissaouri (Montreal W.C.)
66 kilograms - Evan MacDonald (Brock W.C.)
* 74 kilograms - Zoltan Hunyady (Guelph W.C.)
84 kilograms - Nick Ugoalah (Burnaby Mountain W.C.)
96 kilograms - Dean Schmeichel (U of Calgary W.C.)
120 kilograms - Wayne Weathers (Team Impact)

Is Canada sending anyone in Greco Roman?

tex yeah canada is sending 7 ppl grecco is tommorrow sunday dec 14 at millenum in sherwood park do you wrestle? i worled the freestly today and the matches were great caint wait till tommorrow for grecco

any results from today ?

nevermind, I found them on www.wrestling.ca

feb.21 ? where ?

Igali might still be in:

NOTES - Two of the top ladder qualifiers have applied for injury provisions that were accepted by the CAWA Technical Committee. At 74 kilograms, World and Olympic Champion, Daniel Igali of the Burnaby Mountain W.C. and at 55 kilograms in the women's event, Tonya Verbeek from the Brock W.C. in St. Catharines, Ontario. Both Igali and Verbeek will face up hill battles by taking an injury provision. They must defeat some ladder opponents to get to the final and then face the winner of the Olympic Trials in a best of three series in which they will be down by one match. These matches will be completed at some point early in the new year.

another Riley's show ?

I remember a few years ago, I believe it was 1998, Evan MacDonald broke my ankle and the Ontario wrestling championships, and now he is off to the olympics. Amazing!!!

There will be a greco team but they have to qualify the weight categories for the olypics sometime in early 2004.

In the past, Canada has not made out well in Greco-roman wrestling internationally !

Realistically we won't qualify many Greco weights, most guys would require a dream draw plus some injurys to qualify. Saaed will probably qualify since he lost the freestyle to Gui again.

Damn,I was really hoping that Roosbeh would pull off the 84 kg win(lost by one point in o.t.).My bro,Lhamaa has been working very closely with him at SFU and expects big things from the Iranian Rocker in the future.Roosbeh wants to try MMA maybe 5 years from now,once he's through competing in FS.If he's serious about learning some subs and stand-up I beleive that he would do well.

speaking of daniel igali, i was at the war on the floor tournament in vancouver on the dec 4-6 i think and he was there signing autographs and wrestling with some of the athletes, he also did a sparring drill with some of the other university wrestlers for a bit, he looked to be in good shape

War On The Floor was a GREAT tournament!Lots of high school competitors from across Canada.Very inspiring to say the least.I wish there was a wrestling program in my schools.

Igali was in full punk rock supastar mode with his official Cheerios sponsored promo pictures including swooning high school girls.

derick?
me and alves dont have a match right now but if dave wants us we will go , we are always looking to fight and need better fights roger is doing good now hes won his last 4 fights or something and almost qulifeid for the olympic team

Couple of New Brunswickers won their weight class in Greco-Roman. Pretty amazing seeing how there is no wrestling here.

TTT

That's amazing Mental.

yeah but grecco is not that popular how many ppl in that weight ? were you there? i was it was so sour more ppl should wreslte grecco its so weak for turn outs no wonder its only wreslted at nationals and olymic trails and thats it

Greco is super weak, I won the Senior National Greco Championships when I was in Grade 12.

Sorry guys. Looks like the NBers are a joke. I forgot if it isn't West of Montreal than it is shit.