Canelo Alvarez vs Marvin Hagler

Bobby Lupo -

It would be a fucking dogfight. Hagler's an ATG, but Canelo is more skilled than he's given credit for. The most likely outcome would be Hagler winning 8 rounds to 4 and somehow Canelo gets the decision. 

Ha...

Hagler via decision. Canelo is shorter, but is heavier. Hagler would weight in as low as 156 for some of his MW bouts. Both are durable as fuck. I think Hagler takes via being more skilled and a better mover. But Canelo doens't get finshed.

Canelo's biggest win is a hotly disputed Majority Decision over a 37 year old GGG. What was was GGG's biggest win ever? Jacobs? Despite GGG not having a hall of fame resume himself, Team Canelo still waited until he started showing signs of slipping before they fought him. And, after waiting him out and failing a couple of drug tests, Canelo is still arguably 0 - 2 against a faded GGG. He struggled against Lara and was hesitant to punch later in the Mayweather bout due to counters.

People like to recall Hagler as this wrecking machine. But, prime Marvin was actually a very skilled, supremely conditioned southpaw with a granite chin, who could effectively counterpunch or brawl as needed. He fought and beat pretty much everyone to get to the title. Sometimes in their hometown to boot. The Middleweight division was deep then too.

We've all seen Canelo get troubled by a southpaw and counterpuncher. We've all seen him settle for losing a decision when things weren't going his way. And, we've all seen him gas out late in 12 round fights. No way he lasts 15 with Hagler. Imagine how busy and relentless a prime Hagler would be in a 12 round fight. 

Canelo gets outfoxed inside and out, outfitted and outworked by Hagler. His corner saves him late. 

God damned autocorrect. OutBOXED and outGUTTED in my post.

hagler by out boxing, out fighting, out slugging, out thinking, out conditioning, etc...it's a mismatch...

Canelo would have lose vs all time greats 

Prime delahoya at 154lbs 

Prime Trinidad either 154 or 160lbs 

Prime Roy jones at 160 or 168lbs 

Bernard Hopkins at 160lbs 

Shit I pick a prime Gerald McClellan at 160lbs that dude was a killer 

Hocky -
SexiestManAlive -

Current prime Canelo vs Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Also it's prime Hagler of course, the one who fought Hearns

LOL at this fuckin noob.

It ain't even close.

That’s not Hagler, lol

Not popular but i think Canelo beats him.

graciesrule -
Hocky -
SexiestManAlive -

LOL at this fuckin noob.

It ain't even close.

That’s not Hagler, lol

But, it is a Marvin!

Hagler all day.

I can't pick Canelo over any great middleweights due to his poor conditioning. He's really gone to school on improving his defense to mask the problem but the great middleweights would push him and expose it.

This is utter nonsense not even close.

Hocky -
SexiestManAlive -

LOL at this fuckin noob.

It ain't even close.

That's fucking Marvin Eastman God damn this place! Wrong black guy.

You're gonna try to play it off but we both know you posted Eastman on accident lol.

Hagler's best fights came towards the end of his career. In 67 fights his best fights were against 

Leonard 

Hearns 

Duran

Mugabi 

SRL was a natural WW while Duran started his career at 35'. So I think his best wins were Hearns and Mugabi. 

BRUTELLYDUMBFOOTBALLHACK - How is this a debate. Hagler and it's not close.

Dude went toe to toe with GGG.  Made him back up for a while too.  Canelo is well rounded.  He's got great head movement and can fight while going backward but can also fight just as well as a pressure fighter as shown in his 2 fights against GGG.  I know that prime hagler and 36 year old ggg aren't quite the same but Canelo would give hagler a nice fight 

TzTinkle - I can't pick Canelo over any great middleweights due to his poor conditioning. He's really gone to school on improving his defense to mask the problem but the great middleweights would push him and expose it.

His cardio isn't like hagler but relax, it's not poor.  In a 12 round fight, Canelo would do fine.  

Haggler by stalking

Gohan blanco -
BRUTELLYDUMBFOOTBALLHACK - How is this a debate. Hagler and it's not close.

Dude went toe to toe with GGG.  Made him back up for a while too.  Canelo is well rounded.  He's got great head movement and can fight while going backward but can also fight just as well as a pressure fighter as shown in his 2 fights against GGG.  I know that prime hagler and 36 year old ggg aren't quite the same but Canelo would give hagler a nice fight 

Hagler would beat Canelo on a Friday night and GGG on Saturday. I'm being serious. Hagler was a fucking machine. Cardio for days, granite chin, and real power in both hands. I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread but some of you are so clueless that I'll bite.

The way to best hagler was speed. That's why Leonard was able to endure and the couple times hearns got on his toes, he looked great

i don't think Canelo had the flat out hand speed to really bother hagler not the power. Canelo is slick enough and good enough to go the distance. But when that second half fatigue hits him as usual, I think hagler  beats him 

Barry_BondsMVP -

Hagler's best fights came towards the end of his career. In 67 fights his best fights were against 

Leonard 

Hearns 

Duran

Mugabi 

SRL was a natural WW while Duran started his career at 35'. So I think his best wins were Hearns and Mugabi. 

Leonard was a big welter though. He carried the weight well when he fought in the 160's