Canelo vacating his title

Dropping the WBC belt in my opinion was to gain leverage in negotiations. Canelo's team is trying to say we are the A side and the belt doesn't matter and that they will be the ones dictating terms.

The way I see it playing out now is Canelo's team will demand a catch weight and probably something like a 75/25 type split. GGG's team will probably be willing to concede one of these but not both. They will go back and forth and it will come down to whether Canelo's team thinks making GGG drain those extra lbs is worth it or to delay the fight till 2017 while giving Canelo a fight with a legit MW before getting in there with GGG.

I don't think Canelo can avoid the fight at this point. It has to happen soon. He's going to be getting GGG questions until he answers them by getting in there with him.

i was hoping they could get it on in september. that would have been massive.

thanks to mayweather, may and spetember had became my go to vegas weeks. thought canelo would keep the tradition going 

Jo'donnell-Davies -
Stern -
Jo'donnell-Davies - GGG vs eubank jr Phone Post 3.0
It'd be a massacre but I dig it. I'd watch Phone Post 3.0
Id watch it too i actually meant to type bj saunders but i was thinking about the eubank jr vs saunders fight at the time i was typing haha Phone Post 3.0
I actually think Eubank might be the tougher match up for Golovkin even though BJS won h2h. Don't get me wrong I think he fucks both of them up but at least Eubank has power. Saunders is fast and slick but doesn't have very much power and has not been very willing to fight Golovkin. Eubank could maybe possibly land something although it's very doubtful. Phone Post 3.0

failure at life -
Stern -
failure at life - I don't blame anyone for not wanting to fight golovkin. Why don't you try getting hit by him once OP and see why no one wants to fight him Phone Post 3.0
Are you fucking retarded? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, but I have enough sense to realize that it's no fun to get hit by golovkin Phone Post 3.0
Well at least you admit it. No one on gods green earth is saying getting hit by GGG is enjoyable but when you say what Canelo has said but then runs when it gets time to fight that is just embarrassing. It's bad for boxing.

The best should fight the best. It's a big fight with a lot of money,belts,and legacy statuses on the line. Phone Post 3.0

IronHands -

First Cotto, then Canelo. GGG has damaged the legacy of 2 fighters without ever fighting them. Canelo "Pato" Alvarez.

Mayweather spent a career avoiding people and you have many mentioning him as the GOAT Phone Post 3.0

Nobody on this forum wants to fight GGG. Nobody on this forum holds or held a major World Title at 160lbs and talked shit about fight him either. Canelo has never ducked anyone before.... But this looks bad. He will now demand 155lbs, 85-15 split, Only Mexican Judges who are cousins to Oscar, Canelo or the Reynoso's, one of the Reynoso's refereeing. And if GGG turns it down, the can say he never wanted to fight.

GGG is the new age Paul Williams Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup -
IronHands -

First Cotto, then Canelo. GGG has damaged the legacy of 2 fighters without ever fighting them. Canelo "Pato" Alvarez.

Mayweather spent a career avoiding people and you have many mentioning him as the GOAT Phone Post 3.0
Anyone who says Mayweather is the greatest of all time is ignorant of the history of boxing. He is the greatest talent of his generation, no doubt, but he chose the money route once he reached the pinnacle of the sport. Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup -
IronHands -

Ehh not really,Floyd's resume is ridiculous. I get people don't like him,I don't like but his skill set and resume are both spectacular.

He should've fought Margs. I'll give you that one. That fight should've happened. Phone Post 3.0

OVER_HYPEDorUNDER_PAID -
Stern -
failure at life -
Stern -
failure at life - I don't blame anyone for not wanting to fight golovkin. Why don't you try getting hit by him once OP and see why no one wants to fight him Phone Post 3.0
Are you fucking retarded? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, but I have enough sense to realize that it's no fun to get hit by golovkin Phone Post 3.0
Well at least you admit it. No one on gods green earth is saying getting hit by GGG is enjoyable but when you say what Canelo has said but then runs when it gets time to fight that is just embarrassing. It's bad for boxing.

The best should fight the best. It's a big fight with a lot of money,belts,and legacy statuses on the line. Phone Post 3.0
GGG isn't bringing any of the money to the table

Literally Phone Post 3.0
It's the biggest fight boxing can make right now. It's a bitch move. I'm a huge fan of Canelo but this is embarrassing for the sport. It's terrible. I hope it happens but it looks like it won't. Phone Post 3.0

Largenj - GGG is the new age Paul Williams Phone Post 3.0
You mean Paul Williams is the modern day Superman....too soon lol, GGG has a way better chin then Williams Phone Post 3.0

Figures Phone Post 3.0

Canelo afraid of the drama show Phone Post 3.0

Largenj - GGG is the new age Paul Williams Phone Post 3.0
I loved Paul Williams. That guy was awesome. Helluva fighter. He actually was scheduled to fight Canelo but the motorcycle wreck happened unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0

OVER_HYPEDorUNDER_PAID - Little G is a can crusher trying to make a payday off a physically smaller fighter.

He has no room to talk, he's been ducking the shit out of Ward because "he isn't a big name"

GGG can't sell shit, why give him a payday when nobody even knows who he is.

Fuck outa here Phone Post 3.0
Everything about this is wrong. Ward moved to 175...that's now 11 pounds more then GGG offered to fight him at.
Wards offer at 168 was a birch move because they sent it out after the Limeux fight was announced and after it was known the winner was going after the Cotto/Canelo winner.
Wards offer was basically not an offer.
Canelo isn't a draw. Yes he has done more ppv buys then GGG but they weren't impressive unless he fought Floyd or Cotto. Everything else, 450k and below. WOW!!!!!
HBO and K2 knew GGG Limuex would bomb, but that was the only way to get the fight done so they could get Limeux what the regulatory body ruled he would have to get.
You obviously DKSAB and are one of those "but a side a side" people.
Probably got brought into boxing via Floyd doing wrestlemania. Phone Post 3.0

Also check MSG record ales for boxing sales , presales and merchandise.
Yeah, he's got all that and sells out on both coasts. Phone Post 3.0

IronHands -

Cotto doesn't win that at this stage or any stsge of his career. He will always be top level in terms of talent but he was never a LEGIT 160 lb fighter. 154 was his max and 147 was always an option to return to if the higher weight didn't pan out. Phone Post 3.0

I say GGG should make his name off a couple other fighters so that the fight means something. Why fight now for a few million, when you could fight in 1-2 years for $25-50 million. Also, Canelo could use the time from everything Ive read about GGG. i dont know much about triple G myself and i appreciate boxing. He needs some name under his belt

Canelo may be the A Side, but he doesn't have too many options out there. If he decides to fight at 160, he will have to fight GGG very soon.

If he drops down to 154, the top guys out there are Lara, Andrade, Julian Williams and the Charlo brothers. All of them could potentially beat Canelo and none of them bring much to the table when it comes to money.

The alternative would be to continue fighting at Catch weights with anyone willing to meet the terms. I can't see that going on for long though.

GGG is the most dangerous fight out there, but it's also a mega fight that will offer the most reward both financially and in terms of legacy to Canelo.

wandFC12 -
IronHands -

Cotto doesn't win that at this stage or any stsge of his career. He will always be top level in terms of talent but he was never a LEGIT 160 lb fighter. 154 was his max and 147 was always an option to return to if the higher weight didn't pan out. Phone Post 3.0
Cotto said he didn't need GGG for his career, then promptly signed a title defense against a guy GGG put to sleep in 3 rounds. Thus tarnishing his legacy. Cotto and GGG are 17 months apart in age, and GGG has twice the number of fights under his belt. I don't want to hear anything about age. Phone Post 3.0