Canelo vs Prime Sergio Martinez

Two of the best Middleweights in recent memory. 

I’m leaning towards Sergio by points.

Who you got ?

Canelo. Martinez didn't have the power to keep Canelo off of him. I'm no Canelo fan, but he has improved big time since he was taken to school by Mayweather. Martinez usually came in easily under 160 when he fought middleweight. Canleo always cut drastically, rehydrating up to 15 lbs after weigh in. The pre knee injury Martinez had better mobility, but Canleo knows how to cut the ring off almost as well as GGG could.

Coincidentally, I was at Martinez's final fight at the Garden against Cotto. It was sad to see, in a way, but the crowd loved it. I was up on the Chase Bridge, thankfully, away from the pandemonium of the crowd. It was Puerto Rican Day Parade weekend. 

IronHands -

Coincidentally, I was at Martinez's final fight at the Garden against Cotto. It was sad to see, in a way, but the crowd loved it. I was up on the Chase Bridge, thankfully, away from the pandemonium of the crowd. It was Puerto Rican Day Parade weekend. 

I’m imagining a heavy pro Cotto crowd there lol

IronHands -

Canelo. Martinez didn't have the power to keep Canelo off of him. I'm no Canelo fan, but he has improved big time since he was taken to school by Mayweather. Martinez usually came in easily under 160 when he fought middleweight. Canleo always cut drastically, rehydrating up to 15 lbs after weigh in. The pre knee injury Martinez had better mobility, but Canleo knows how to cut the ring off almost as well as GGG could.

Ask Paul Williams about martinez power

2 Likes

Martinez in his prime easily outboxes Canelo.

Brother rabbitte -
IronHands -

Williams walked into a counterpunch and got flash KO'd. Great punch, but not quite the body of work Canelo has. As for power, I could ask Martin Murray, who Golovkin beat the shit out of, yet Martinez got a gift decision over. 

canelo via juiced to the gills as usual.

Canelo hands out a beating

A juiced Canelo is hard af to beat

IronHands -
Brother rabbitte -
IronHands -

Williams walked into a counterpunch and got flash KO'd. Great punch, but not quite the body of work Canelo has. As for power, I could ask Martin Murray, who Golovkin beat the shit out of, yet Martinez got a gift decision over. 

Same as canelo decision over lara. I actually think it's a close fight but canelo struggles a small bit with movers. The point of bringing up the Williams ko was to note martinez wasn't feather fisted and canelo wouldn't easily walk him down 

JohnnyAppleseed4Life -
IronHands -
Brother rabbitte -
IronHands -

On what planet was the Paul Williams knockout a “flash KO”? He was fucking out cold

Lol wasn’t Canelo supposed to fight Paul Williams before his crash ?

What about Canelo vs prime Sergio Mora?

JohnnyAppleseed4Life -
IronHands -
Brother rabbitte -
IronHands -

On what planet was the Paul Williams knockout a “flash KO”? He was fucking out cold

Not this fucking knucklehead again. Clearly you have a different definition of a flash ko than others around here.

Ttt