Can't believe Gonzaga Nuthuggers

People probably think so highly of Gonzaga because they've always known he's a world class elite BJJ guy but now they know he's got KO power in his hands and in his feet, he's not afraid to be aggressive with his striking against better technicians and he's got brutal GnP.

Only large question is if he has the gas tank to go a full fight without gassing bad. I refuse to count the Jordan fight and the Werdum fight was pretty old and in a very humid arena. We've got nothing recent to judge off of.

"Everytime I hear GG can beat Fedor, I look at the poster who typed it and automatically list him as a noob."

How ridiculous.

Fedor has his reputation because of the Nog and Crocop fights. Gonzaga just beat Crocop way more convincingly than Fedor did. All of his wins are by KO or submission. Yeah, only an idiot would think he could beat Fedor! Because obviously Gonzaga would be eaten alive by Hunt, Herring, Zulu, Coleman, Randleman and Ogawa!

"Fedor has his reputation because of the Nog and Crocop fights."

• For those with either short memories or newbie ignorance.

Fedor entered the top five after destroying Herring, who had been top five going into that fight. The winner of that fight would become the #1 contender and earn a title shot against Nog, who was the undisputed #1 at that time.

Nog entered as a huge favorite. He was truly considered unbeatable then.

Then Fedor demolished him to wrest away both the Pride HW Championship and the #1 ranking. He hasn't lost either since.

So Fedor's rep was basically cemented with the wins over Herring and Nog, in addition to the foundation he established as RING's #1 HW after winning both the HW and Absolute Championships, during which he upset Babalu, who became the #1 HW in RINGS after Nog left.

Plus Fedor debuted in Pride with a win over Schilt, who was still a top-ten HW at the time, having come off very successful stints in Pancrase and the UFC (with his only loss in years coming to Barnett).

I believe Gonzaga will beat Randy, but nobody should be seriously considered for the #1 ranking until he has beaten more than one ranked opponent.

The nature of MMA allows for so many one-hit wonders that you need a longer established pattern to emerge, and certainly more than just one win, to separate the pretenders from the contenders.

Now I believe Gonzaga is definitely a contender to become #1. But just as definitely, one win does not prove so yet.

"Because obviously Gonzaga would be eaten alive by Hunt, Herring, Zulu, Coleman, Randleman and Ogawa! "

No, but because he would get eaten alive by Fedor, stupid.

Nobody is beating Fedor right now. Not in a ring, a cage, in Bodog, or in K-1.

There isn't a well rounded enough HW to do it.

The Reason you ask??

The reason is because of his style of fighting. He's pretty well rounded and he puts ALOT of pressure on his opps. Rarely do u see Fedor not dictate the pace of the fight. Whether it be wrestlers, KickBoxers, BJJ guys, or Bohemoths, they are treated to the kind of style of pressure thatmakes them crack. Even when he is in trouble, he does the right thing.

He is the unstoppable force when he has to be and the immovable object when it is called for.

No one does it like him in MMA. U can't teach it.

That's why.

Ghimbault and orcus, ur on the list.

Come on guys, ur better than that.

ghimblaut has only 168 posts since 8/21/2004 and every one of them has just been to bash Fedor. What is it with this guy?