Can't decide what to do with my life. TME

Almost 24 years old. Work full time at a restaurant but I loathe having to work in this industry for the rest of my life. Have a few college credits mostly general education classes. Don't have much interest in any particular field. I currently work 70 hours a week and barely have time to put effort in starting a new career but the money I'm making now is good so that's why I am still here. It's just not viable for when I want a family or a career I can do until I retire. Any suggestions? TMA. Phone Post 3.0

Join Air Force if you can get guaranteed a cool job that has a civilian equivalent.

Don't like the idea of signing away my life until I'm 32 years old... Phone Post 3.0

You said you have a few credits, why not get your AA/AS? It shouldn't take you that long and you will be more desirable when you go figure out what you want to do.

Learn a trade?

1 on a trade. Maybe something you can do evening classes or night school on to get qualified and up to speed. Phone Post 3.0

cbia - You said you have a few credits, why not get your AA/AS? It shouldn't take you that long and you will be more desirable when you go figure out what you want to do.

Learn a trade?

A lot of AA classes are only 9 weeks too so you can double up on classes per semester without it being super stressful or too full time.

Don't be stuck at a restaurant/bar job forever OP. Go learn a trade. Start with what you like i.e. working with your hands, working with people etc. 

If you don't have debt, take the fuck off and spend your youth being young. Move to the Virgin Islands. You can wait tables anywhere. Work on a fishing boat. Look into the cruise industry. Go do things now because you won't be able to when you get locked down by kids and a woman. Phone Post 3.0

TheReflectionOfPerfection - Don't like the idea of signing away my life until I'm 32 years old... Phone Post 3.0

What are you talking about?  A normal enlistment is four years.

garythekid -
gorillagrappling - If you don't have debt, take the fuck off and spend your youth being young. Move to the Virgin Islands. You can wait tables anywhere. Work on a fishing boat. Look into the cruise industry. Go do things now because you won't be able to when you get locked down by kids and a woman. Phone Post 3.0

You can also always not have kids!!

True but OP mentioned having kids. Soooo. Phone Post 3.0

Live like a monk. Save all of your money. Except fuck the waitresses. Besides that the monk thing. When you have sufficient funds move to central america and open your own restaurant and continue to screw waitresses.

Take the time to know yourself, there are really good personality test available that may be helpful in guiding you to a career suited for you. Phone Post 3.0

i know a waitress who quit to get her degree and start teaching

she taught for a year, then gave up

went back to her waitress job

I'm with the travel crew, spend every fucking penny you have. I wish I did.

I started working full time at 20, terrible idea. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Not a waiter. I'm a manager of a pizzeria. They're very busy. However, there is a cap on what I can make with them. Benefits/401k not included obviously. Everyone says to open my own pizzeria, but I can't stand the food business anymore. Phone Post 3.0

I'm telling you, man. Go do something awesome. Fuck school. Fuck work. Neither will go away. Backpack the Appalachian trail or something. Get inspired by someone who's riding a bike around the country, a paddle board down the Mississippi or a walk from coast to coast. Do something amazing. Phone Post 3.0

In for similar advice. Also 24, work a dead end job for 27k a year. Already "Trane". Need money to travel, etc... Phone Post 3.0

garythekid -
gorillagrappling - If you don't have debt, take the fuck off and spend your youth being young. Move to the Virgin Islands. You can wait tables anywhere. Work on a fishing boat. Look into the cruise industry. Go do things now because you won't be able to when you get locked down by kids and a woman. Phone Post 3.0

You can also always not have kids!!

Its ok gare we will adopt Phone Post 3.0

In. Also don't know what to do with my life. Phone Post 3.0

Learn a trade, get laid, travel the world. You will be in your 30's quick. Phone Post 3.0