Cant delete Directories?

Hey folks.

I have a problem that is bugging the shit out of me! 2 Problems actually.

For some reason I lose the capability to download directories. Say I have a folder full of shit, and want to delete it, there is always something using the folder! I can go right into the folder and delete all of the files manually that way. But I cannot actually delete the folder itself!

I know that its not a real problem if I can delete the files within, but who wants a bunch of empty folders cluttering your drives up?

The funny thing is, if I restart my PC, I can actually delete directories to begin with, but then there is something that suddenly takes hold of the directories, making me unable to dlete them. To begin with, I set my PC up so that my Page file is defragged on every startup. That helped to begin with, and I think thats why I can now delete directories to begin with. Also, I have 3 Hard Drives, so I turned off Indexing on my Storage Drive, which is internal, and my External Hard Drive, which may or may not have helped. I know the access to the drives themselves are a little slower, but the generl system resources are a little faster as a result of disbling the indexing.

Im currently winning WinXP Home with Service Pack 2. Also, im trying to stay away from reformatting the C Drive, as I borrowed my mate my XP Disc, and apparently ive installed my copy of XP either too many times, or activated it too many times, as it apparently wont let my mate activate it on his machine, meaning I may not be able to activate my own legit copy of XP, not a copy, next time I reformat. I know there are cracks for this, but ive got no experience with them.

Any info would be appreciated!

Yours,
Beev

Thanks, Ill try this and see if it works!

Yours,
Beev

Thanks alot Aren. Worked great!

Yours,
Beev