Can't even read articles anymore

I’ll be done with maybe a paragraph and, JUMP! everything moves as the ads come in and I don’t even know to scroll up or down to find my place. Just as I find it and start reading again, JUMP! This happens at least 3 times in one article. I was just now trying to read the latest Anderson Silva article and fucking gave up after the 4th time.

This is no way to live.

8 Likes

Was this in app or lap/desktop? If app, iOS or Android?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

App is fine except I still don’t understand who is replying to who.

The error described above is maybe just a combination of lazy load and OPs shitty internet connection but what do I know time to call the top men Kirk

1 Like

The same thing happens to me on other pages, but not this one. It’s impatience and shit internet combined. Just count to 60 before you start reading. Better yet do 40 body weight squats before you start reading

1 Like

If you just reply to the thread or reply to the last post it looks the same. If you are replying to someone with at least one reply in between their post and yours, it will put their avatar and a little circle arrow on the right side of the post. You can click that arrow/avatar and it shows the exact post it is replying to, and a back button pops up next to it to take you back to where you were on the thread.

If you QUOTE a post by highlighting it and hitting the ‘quote’ button that pops up, it does not have the reply indicator as that is a given.

Ok I just read this about 8 times and I think i am starting to get the idea.

Then that is pretty stupid if there are 2 ways of replying to someone, one by reply button and the other via quote. That just creates more confusion…

It’s a bit easier when the poster has an avatar but most don’t…

Anyway thx for replying

I experience it all the time. For those saying patience and shitty internet, I have Gig speed service and in 2021 you shouldn’t have to count to 2 let alone 60 to be able to read a basic web page.

App is still garbage. Touch your screen the wrong way and it backs you out of whatever you were viewing.

yes, often.

The fact that replies are not collated is the absolute worst part of this forum now.

2 Likes

I really preferred the old quote style box in box. It got burdensome sometimes but you could easily expand the quotes to keep it straight without jumping all over the thread. I also find I miss the pages.

1 Like

behind the notification system, i think “highlight & quote” is the best new function.

shows you exactly what & who the person is responding to & then shows their response.

I am on android and a lot of times cant scroll in a thread. If I use the “jump to post” thing I 100% can not scroll after that.

I agree that it works great but I don’t like that if you forget to quote you can’t go back and quote with an edit

yes you can, watch.

see ?

1 Like

Cool I learned something new. Thanks

right on. you just have to go back, highlight & quote what you want to quote. copy the code from the draft, delete the draft. edit OP & paste code

Brave browser, zero ads

Thank you for replying Kirik. I do love this site.

I’m on an android.

It’s common. The same thing happens on lots of web pages where they have ads. I feel like you just have more ads than you used to.

Yes. This happens too. If I try to jump to the end of the thread, or anywhere in between, I can’t move from there, which makes the feature
pretty useless.

1 Like