Can't get into Mass Effect 1

Playing it about an hour..

Does it get better..

Controls seem clunky - its very linear at the moment (i knwo this will change)..

Should i stick with it..

It's a very talky game. I lost interest after about 10 hours... but some people seem to love it

I didn't like the controls / combat either at first, but after I got used to them I loved the game. I would recommend sticking with it.

I have an early Splinter cell - i might try that and then come back to it..

IBI - sold...

I'll be back :-)

It does get better... After you get off Eden Prime, the game turns the corner.

Gonna play it a bit more later...

The talky bits didn't bother me - I thought the combat (or me) was kinda clunky...

Using the psychic powers was awkward - maybe i was doing it wrong..

Active powers are a bit awkward in the first one. You can only shortcut one of them, right (at least on the 360)? It didn't bother me, since I was playing as a soldier. But I can understand how bringing up the wheel all the time might get annoying.

In the second game you can shortcut three powers, which feels more than ample given the way abilities are streamlined in it.

I might restart as a soldier then - the wheel thing is annoying and I'll have less to worry about...

I do wanna give this game a chance..

I never felt the Wheel was that annoying.

I started ME1 a week ago and had the sane problems with the game - just plain bad gameplay (bad shooting/cover combat, horrible driving controls/combat). fortunately after ~5 hrs the guns get better making shooting combat feel better (not great, not bad anymore though); combat powers and story get cool too. very overhyped game though; shouldve gotten scores in the 70s-80s but bioware/rpg fanbois rated it higher

Are you playing it on console?

Invisible Lats Syndrome - Are you playing it on console?

Yeah Xbox 360 - haven't had a chance to play it again since either..Gonna restart as a soldier..

slamming - 
ferox13 - 
Invisible Lats Syndrome - Are you playing it on console?

Yeah Xbox 360 - haven't had a chance to play it again since either..Gonna restart as a soldier..

I must of been off my face when i started my game.  I dont remember being able to chose a character class :/

That pretty much sums up my whole WOW career.

I found it much more enjoyable on PC, playing as a solider especially because you need the team members to hack robots and warp other baddies around.

It gets a lot better once you take control of the ship and explore the galaxy a little more.