Cant wait for Cain vs Werdum

Should be a great fight. Werdum is a Master on the ground (and trollface),and his stand up is looking fantastic. It will be interesting to see
how Cain does in Werdum's guard. I just hope we don't see alot of flopping and butt scootin. What say you UG? Phone Post 3.0

If Werdum's cardio isn't top notch, Cain overwhelms him and finishes within 3 rounds.

If it is, Cain in 5

SinCityHustler - If Werdum's cardio isn't top notch, Cain overwhelms him and finishes within 3 rounds.

If it is, Cain in 5
I don't recall Werdum ever having a problem with cardio before. He hasn't fought a fighter with Cain's cardio though. I got Cain by TKO in the 3rd. Thanks for posting SinCityhustler. I'm always entertained by your threads. Phone Post 3.0

Same I got Cain winning this, excited to see him fight again. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he takes Werdum down.

Im so excited by this fight!

Werdums stand up has really improved and his ground game speaks for itself.

Cain is such a beast and its nice to see him fighting someone new. Phone Post 3.0

It might be the last good matchup left for Cain. Cain looks soft and chubby, he's had a long layoff, the fight is in Mexico where he's supposed to be a star, it's at 8,000ft altitude, Werdum's striking is vastly improved, Werdum is in beastmode already in the best shape of his life. 

Cain is the best in the world, but this fight might get intetesting when he takes Werdum down, or Cain will just land 200 punches from the guard and it'll look like an average Cain fight.

Fabricio has the coolest name in MMA. Therefore, he has my vote in a shitty HW division. Phone Post 3.0

If Cain proves too much for Werdum's striking and grappling, it's hard to see who beats him. Maybe JDS finishes him in another rematch, maybe Hunto or Reem stop him if they get a shot.... that's about it Phone Post 3.0

gorillagrappling - Fabricio has the coolest name in MMA. Therefore, he has my vote in a shitty HW division. Phone Post 3.0
It's probably the best HW division of all time bub. Phone Post 3.0

The Power Double - If Cain proves too much for Werdum's striking and grappling, it's hard to see who beats him. Maybe JDS finishes him in another rematch, maybe Hunto or Reem stop him if they get a shot.... that's about it Phone Post 3.0

He'd dump Hunt on his back and pound him until Hunt gave up the choke. That's a miserable mismatch. Reem has about a minute to do his business before Cain turns him into horsemeat hamburger.

Travis Browne's elbows for TDD might present a problem for Cain. 

Maybe Jon Jones

Maybe Minakov

Cain is the best fighter in the world. There isn't a clear #2

anyone know whats the deal with ufc 180, are they going to put the ultimate fighter mexico BW and FW final fights on the ppv or prelims or split one on undercard and one on the main card. hope they stack this card

The Ultimate Fighter Latin America has already started. I must admit I was surprised by the first fight, it was a good fight.

Fun fact: Werdum spanish is way better than Cain's, but whatever.

It is getting some good coverage in Mexico, and definitely the venue will be packed (I'll try to make it).

Worst case scenario: south americans defeat all the mexicans in the show, then an argentinian wins TUF and Werdum gets the title.

Hoss76 - 
SinCityHustler - If Werdum's cardio isn't top notch, Cain overwhelms him and finishes within 3 rounds.

If it is, Cain in 5
I don't recall Werdum ever having a problem with cardio before. He hasn't fought a fighter with Cain's cardio though. I got Cain by TKO in the 3rd. Thanks for posting SinCityhustler. I'm always entertained by your threads. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you.

There are 2 reasons I see cardio coming into play in this match up. Cain puts on a relentless pace that suffocates the opponent and overwhelms them. Before they know what is happening, they are being bombarded and generally cannot recover. The other factor is the altitude in Mexico City. Well over a mile and that thin air is very difficult to deal with.

I expect Cain to be in tip top shape and ready to go. Werdum has looked great as of late and continues to improve and develop his MMA game. But is he ready for the pressure Cain will put on him and can he handle it at extreme altitude? This will be the first card I buy since UFC did the all heavy weight card a couple years back (I believe it was Cain/Big Foot in the main event).

Hoss76 -

If it is, Cain in 5
He gassed in the big nog fight. Phone Post 3.0

I want to be excited for this fight but it's just not doing it for me. I just see Werdum getting stomped. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope Werdum wins, but I just don't see it happening.

What's even less exciting is that it will be a year between Cain's title defenses and in that time, there'll likely still not be another HW contender for him to fight. Browne lost, Barnett lost, Big Foot and JDS will never get another crack at Cain. There goes the top 5. The only chance is that Stipe fights JDS and wins, but I don't see that happening. Next closest would be Overeem but if he beats Rothwell thats still only 2 in a row and he would need a top 5 win, two of whom he has already fought recently and got KO'd by.

HW is kind of disappointing to me right now. Could be just me. Though the best thing for the division would be for Werdum to win, imo.

Who is Cain? Is that the guy from the Metro PCS commercials? Phone Post 3.0

Wouldn't be surprised if werdum won. If anything he is in the perfect position for it. He has been on a roll and is facing a Cain that hasn't seen action in a long time

That being said if Cain steam rolls Werdum like he has everyone else then I don't see anyone stopping him Phone Post 3.0

zebers3 - 

I want to be excited for this fight but it's just not doing it for me. I just see Werdum getting stomped. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope Werdum wins, but I just don't see it happening.

What's even less exciting is that it will be a year between Cain's title defenses and in that time, there'll likely still not be another HW contender for him to fight. Browne lost, Barnett lost, Big Foot and JDS will never get another crack at Cain. There goes the top 5. The only chance is that Stipe fights JDS and wins, but I don't see that happening. Next closest would be Overeem but if he beats Rothwell thats still only 2 in a row and he would need a top 5 win, two of whom he has already fought recently and got KO'd by.

HW is kind of disappointing to me right now. Could be just me. Though the best thing for the division would be for Werdum to win, imo.

This is all due to terrible match making and the UFC putting Cain on the shelf while they film the stupid ultimate fighter.

They blew it with eliminating Brown from contention. He could have been a legitimate test form the champ but for some reason, the UFC likes title eliminators where they reduce the number of title contenders for what? For jack shit.

Overoid can get a shot and he could get one coming off a loss. It would not be the first time a fighter gets a shot at the heavyweight belt coming off a loss (Randy).

i'd have to guess cain by wall and stall

hoping to see some dope submission attempts

I wish this fight wasn't happening at elevation. Maybe they could encapsulate the octagon in an oxygen chamber. Phone Post 3.0