Cape Coral / Fort Myers

Gonna be around the Cape Coral area for christmas this year and probably gonna be looking to rent a house or find a good hotel for a week or two. Anyone got any input on if that's a good idea or if I should just do what I did last time in that situation and go to Miami instead?

Also I've never been in that area of Florida (the west coast) before, how does it compare to the east coast?

Oh yeah and finally, anyone got any recommendations for sites to book with? I found some site called LVCC (villacc.de) that has some nice houses but not many reviews or recommendations out there.

Airbnb the west coast is calmer than Miami. Take some time head down to Marco island and Naples. 

I’ll be in Naples for Christmas this year too.  It’s nice but the population is the older demographic. 

I was born in Fort Myers. Don't go.

That said, 2 years back I AirBnB'd a house with a pool for like 120 a night in Cape Coral so I wouldn't have to stay at my mom's when visiting her. That was in November though, I am sure it is more expensive this time of year.

Thanks for the feedback, would Naples be the better place to stay?

Naples is a much nicer/richer area. Will cost more. Probably less crowded (keep in mind I haven't been there in over a decade).

It is also full of the olds, even more so than FMY.

I guess it depends what you are looking for. You taking family with kids? Looking for some kind of night life?

If you have kids just take them to Orlando and do the parks.

If you don't, just go to Miami and have fun.

I can't think of any good reason to go to the Southwest Coast of Florida... but then again I am biased as I hated my childhood and can't think of a decent person I know who didn't move away.

Bringing the girlfriend and another couple with a 2 year old will join us so this will be mainly for relaxing over the holidays. Not looking for any crazy night life but definitely would like to see some good restaurants and bars.

The added cost doesn't bother me that much, fairly large budget for this one.

I've been in Bonita springs, between ft Meyers and Naples since October. It's a cool place, way calmer than Miami. The people in Naples are all rich assholes. Ft Meyers has some cool people, but I haven't done alot that direction.

It's fairly expensive, I moved from Colorado. Kayaking in the bay islands and rivers is awesome, as is hiking the rookery swamp, although I think they've closed the trail for maintenance. There are some big ass Gators out there. Sanibel island is pretty cool to check out. A lot of decent restaurants.

I have not gone on a fishing boat, and that's supposed to be amazing.

For a similar price I would look at key West.

The keys are great. Especially if you dive.

We did our honeymoon on key West, it's way more set up for a fun visit with more stuff to do, and friendlier people. Diving, boat tours, walking tours, of course Duval St bars and restaurants, rent mopeds and just cruise the island...

That was the lifestyle we wanted and we were disappointed with the Naples area's lack of.

alkysmurf - We did our honeymoon on key West, it's way more set up for a fun visit with more stuff to do, and friendlier people. Diving, boat tours, walking tours, of course Duval St bars and restaurants, rent mopeds and just cruise the island...

That was the lifestyle we wanted and we were disappointed with the Naples area's lack of.

So cock sucking?  I'd stay at a different key and spend a day in key West at the most. And wear a condom. 

Thanks again for all the feedback, as for Key West I agree it's a great place. I've been there twice before and I will be spending a couple days there but it's a little too far away for what I need this time.

In addition to good food any kind of fishing or activity on the water is also something I love to do.

Fake Pie - 
alkysmurf - We did our honeymoon on key West, it's way more set up for a fun visit with more stuff to do, and friendlier people. Diving, boat tours, walking tours, of course Duval St bars and restaurants, rent mopeds and just cruise the island...

So cock sucking?  I'd stay at a different key and spend a day in key West at the most. And wear a condom. 

Haha this is pretty much in line with my experience from Key West... it's a great place to spend a couple days, party and hang out but there's some weird people in that area.

I'm curious tho what other key would you recommend? I've been to Key Largo and really liked it but that was a long time ago so I don't know how it is now.

i love the fact that is is all oldies on the west coast of florida

as someone from Jersey, the last thing i want is a beach full of Jersey and NY people, that's what the Miami, Boca region of florida is like, and i cannot stand it

i love perving on the hot chicks in miami as well as the cuban food, other than that, i cant stand the place

for a younger family with small kids, the west coast of Florida is MUCH better with a lot less douchebaggery, in general

the water is warmer and calmer, and the sand is so much nicer and finer than on the east coast

i used to spend summers in Cape Coral as a kid (i miss Juicy Lucy's burgers!), but these days we spend out time aabout an hour or so north in Siesta Key

Fake Pie -

I don't know why you even go on a vacation if it's not to suck a little cock when nobody's looking.

Never_rolled -
Low T Low IQ -

i love the fact that is is all oldies on the west coast of florida

as someone from Jersey, the last thing i want is a beach full of Jersey and NY people, that's what the Miami, Boca region of florida is like, and i cannot stand it

i love perving on the hot chicks in miami as well as the cuban food, other than that, i cant stand the place

for a younger family with small kids, the west coast of Florida is MUCH better with a lot less douchebaggery, in general

the water is warmer and calmer, and the sand is so much nicer and finer than on the east coast

i used to spend summers in Cape Coral as a kid (i miss Juicy Lucy's burgers!), but these days we spend out time aabout an hour or so north in Siesta Key

Miami and Boca are totally different vibes. I get the NY and NJ but Miami has a lot more hispanics. Boca has a lot of wealthy older people from NY and NJ but also great restaurants and great night life up the street on Atlantic in Delray. If you are just into lounging on the beach with not much else the west coast is where it's at.

yeah, i shouldve clarified...i was mainly talking about the presence of my people in those 2 areas and not wanting to be around them on vacation

it is almost a requirement for everyone here to move down to boca......my friends parents did, my parents area bout to (although im trying to convince them to move to the west coast), everyone's aunts and uncles move down there, etc...

these days all i want to do is lay on the beach, eat at kitschy tiki bars, and fish for snook....west coast is perfect for what im into

the food, in general, is definitely much better in Miami area than anywhere in Florida, for sure.....west coast food, in general, is pretty bland IMO....but not that big of a deal for me as we like to cook when we are down there....and i love shitty tiki bar food

I would try to go a little further than largo. Like maybe Duck Key.

Mismatch - Bringing the girlfriend and another couple with a 2 year old will join us so this will be mainly for relaxing over the holidays. Not looking for any crazy night life but definitely would like to see some good restaurants and bars.

The added cost doesn't bother me that much, fairly large budget for this one.

The beach in Naples is nice. They have a zoo of some kind too