Car Audio Installation Kit Question

I'm not doing it myself, though I've done it before when I was a kid.

I have a double-din receiver that I bought online that came with a free install from Best Buy. Best Buy wants to charge me 49.99 for the intall kit, 19.99 for the harness, and 13.99 for an antenna kit (which I have never heard of).

I can get the install kit and harness for probably half that from Amazon. Am I missing something?

My first thought is it seems likely the free install is contractually tied to them supplying the parts. The radios are sold at tight margins & the installers aren't working for free, & BB is making money somewhere.

I wonder if I showed up with a cheaper kit I bought off the internet, if they would install it.

Lite - I wonder if I showed up with a cheaper kit I bought off the internet, if they would install it.

Yes they will

Install kits used to be 20 dollards with a harness.

Maybe wal,art has what you need.

They will install it. I did this at Fry’s where I bought the head unit there and the parts needed on Amazon. Worked out fine. Only wish I would have done it myself. My installation wasn’t included. 

nm

Crutchfield muther fuckers! Is it still around? Use to be you bought the radio from them and tell them the car it was going in and they sent everything you needed extra for free.