Car guys; Specifically Mitsi GTOs

So, last Saturday I got a head unit installed, following morning I started the car up, took a little bit long and I didn't think much of it.

Come forward a couple of days I have a ticking sound coming from what seems to be the alternator belt and the GTO is taking longer and longer to start.

So yesterday I took it into a shop, asked for an opinion and this guy says that my starter motor is almost gone, and that it needs to be replaced. So I go for it. That got done today.

Little change in how long it took to start (despite having a brand new starter motor) and then almost refused to start for me, about 10 seconds of furious key turning changed that, so my question is;

Does anyone know what else could be the problem? And should I go in and abuse these guys that 'fixed' my car whilst demanding a refund?

Thanks. Phone Post

are you running a huge amp too? sounds like the new head unit is drawing too much power, if so youll need a bigger alternator and maybe a dual battery setup.

invalid word - are you running a huge amp too? sounds like the new head unit is drawing too much power, if so youll need a bigger alternator and maybe a dual battery setup.

Nope. Just the head unit. There is no speakers other than the factory four. I'm taking it in to another place tomorrow for a check though. Phone Post

Check your battery for a sticker with a date on it. Sounds like your battery is just shit. Maybe new head unit uses a little more power while car is off (all do) and is giving you an early warning your battery is bad. If it's 5yrs or more change it. Plus with the weather getting colder, that also let's ya know when batteries are old. Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Check your battery for a sticker with a date on it. Sounds like your battery is just shit. Maybe new head unit uses a little more power while car is off (all do) and is giving you an early warning your battery is bad. If it's 5yrs or more change it. Plus with the weather getting colder, that also let's ya know when batteries are old. Phone Post 3.0

I really hope it's that simple. Phone Post

So I've just been told its the ignition switch that's been causing the problems. Does anyone have an idea of how much that may cost? Please and thank you. Phone Post

Is your a SN a hint that you're bi-sexual?

As in you swing both ways? Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Is your a SN a hint that you're bi-sexual?

You trying to convert me?

Nah, a guy at my high school said my golf swing was like a pendulum. It stuck. Phone Post

I was yes :D

Nah, just thought I'd TTT for you in a cheeky manner. Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle -

I was yes :D

Nah, just thought I'd TTT for you in a cheeky manner. Phone Post 3.0

Well how kind of you. Phone Post