Car warranty questions

So my wifes car (no pics)needs a steering wrack and an electronic stearing colum all will be covered under warranty. The dealer told me after this work is completed it will need an alignment done $120 they are telling me I have to pay for this. Do I roll over and pay it or is there someway to fight it? It seams like I'm getting the shaft.

Probably a spin, but go to Firestone and buy their lifetime alignment service.  It is about $190, you can find a coupon online for $20.  It is good for as long as you own your car.  I get a four wheel alignment once a year.  Spectacular deal.

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

Probably a spin, but go to Firestone and buy their lifetime alignment service.  It is about $190, you can find a coupon online for $20.  It is good for as long as you own your car.  I get a four wheel alignment once a year.  Spectacular deal.

Not  a spin just wondering if the dealer is trying to squeeze me for money

cuzzi - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

Not  a spin just wondering if the dealer is trying to squeeze me for money

He is trying to squeeze you for some cash.  Say, "no, I am getting an alignment done at Firestone where I have a lifetime deal".

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/repair/alignment/

Here is a coupon:

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/offers/offer-detail/fcac-ltmalignment-1711

I'm in Ontario Canada 

cuzzi - 

I'm in Ontario Canada 

Bend over and spread those sweet cheeks!

I just don't see why I should have to pay for an alligment when the part failed under warranty 

cuzzi - 

I just don't see why I should have to pay for an alligment when the part failed under warranty 

Here is as hint, you DON"T have to pay for an alignment.  The dealer is trying to gouge you for a few bucks.

Just say no.

Ford just did an alignment on my explorer, After they did warranty work and ruined my rear tires. They also gave me the tires free. There is no alignment charge. Tell em make it work. 0 charge to them besides the labor.

The alignment is covered under your warranty,they are trying to fuck you

If you are having the rack and pinion replaced, you do need an alignment. It will directly affect your toe settings and will cause premature outside tire wear. The problem with this, is it should be under warranty. If the part failed, in order to be replaced it needs an alignment. No fault of yours or lack or proper care, the fault is in the part. Id call a support/customer service number. Doesn't sound right

Good chance if you leave without them doing an alignment that the repairs/replacement work won't be covered by warranty if it fucks up. They have to do it, but you shouldn't be paying. It's a required part of the work. You shouldn't be paying. 

DracoBEBO - If you are having the rack and pinion replaced, you do need an alignment. It will directly affect your toe settings and will cause premature outside tire wear. The problem with this, is it should be under warranty. If the part failed, in order to be replaced it needs an alignment. No fault of yours or lack or proper care, the fault is in the part. Id call a support/customer service number. Doesn't sound right

I think that's what I'm going to do. Thanks

Oh, and I was typing fast at work (I am a mechanic) it causes inside and outside tire wear... Lol sorry

DracoBEBO - If you are having the rack and pinion replaced, you do need an alignment. It will directly affect your toe settings and will cause premature outside tire wear. The problem with this, is it should be under warranty. If the part failed, in order to be replaced it needs an alignment. No fault of yours or lack or proper care, the fault is in the part. Id call a support/customer service number. Doesn't sound right

Good points here.

None of this was due to anything you did, its all a consequence of the original faulty parts.

The manufacturer repair instructions, and repair time, will stipulate an alignment. It will only be front toe probably, but it's a warranty repair. It has to be carried out to manufacturer guidelines. So they will either have authoriised the alignment in the repair time with the extended warranty company already. Or, when they put through the warranty claim, it will be included in the claim.