CAR WARS! The Table Top Game!

I was having a discussion about playing the game Cars Wars with @Mountain_Medic a few weeks ago and how much fun it was.

I had a gift card for The Dragon’s Den, my favourite local D&D/Board gaming/Nerdstactular store. So I texted @TheChief and told him to meet me there and I went and picked up the latest edition of this classic!

I’m so pumped to paint the cars and play. I have Monday Night OG D&D tonight and UFC training most of the week so I may not get to delve too deeply into this baby until the weekend.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m running out of board game storage. Geez.

1 Like

Yeah i know man. I need to sell some in order to make room here.
Can’t wait to give that game a go!

1 Like

Oh man…I can print out stuff to customize my cars!

1 Like

Looks interesting.

Any of you guys fans of Memoir 44 or Wings of War? Highly reccomend.

2 Likes

Nope…never heard of it…

1 Like

Hell yeah. You got any of the expansions for Memoir? The air pack is fantastic.

Car Wars was so awesome back in the day. I loved the Truck Stop expansion!

1 Like

Is this the same Steve Jackson? I loved his choose your own adventure books

51pGJiFY+FL.SL350

1 Like

page forums GIF

Battletech > these games

1 Like

Yeah, i have all the army packs, winter wars, terrain pack, overloard, and winter/desert board. Probably the best war game I own. The nerd store has a copy of the equipment pack which very rare these days, but its $100 and I’m not sure its worth it…

2 Likes

I don’t. That piece is actually on loan from another board game gallery and doesn’t belong to me.

1 Like

Never heard of it.

I loved these and couldn’t remember what they were called. Oh man! This is exciting!!

Thanks for posting this!

2 Likes

The equipment pack is worth it IMO. Its got more figures and like 13 new scenarios. It can be found for under 60 online.

It’s nice to support the nerds at dragon’s den though. I rarely by online.

There’s some gems there too. I picked up a copy of dead lands for 60 bucks that goes for a few hundred online there.

1 Like

Thats fair. I get it

Bump for @Mountain_Medic.

1 Like

Finally found it!

Been busy.

Man, its gotten a little fancier. But everything has.

I remember doing chores and then begging my mom to take me to the drafting store because they had 60" wide pads of graph paper.

We’d build huge “arenas” on the kitchen table, have a build off, and go at it.